Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

4 minutes ago, ray said:

I don’t want to discount or discredit any insider connections 0708 may have. I hope he heard it from the horse’s mouth (or another mouth VERY close to the horse, which I’m guessing it would have to be in order for what is assumed to be a short list of people who will know before anyone else) and that’s why he was so confident that it’s already a done deal. I’m not familiar with 0708, and I am certainly not discounting what he may have heard from some other unknown-to-me source or what he actually knows with certainty (which are two VERY different levels of accurate information), but it’s not like any of us assumed Sampson would be getting a pay raise after his moronic additional phone calls and the buyout would be public knowledge (any state employee can be looked up by anyone and find their salary and contractual agreements/buyouts can be done by simple math). If this “insider” info is his one calling card (and it may not be, but that’s all I’ve heard him claim), then I’m hesitant to believe he has any true certainty it’s a done deal. 

I appreciate any insider info you (0708) and anyone else can offer us, and it appears that gobs of other members on this site believe what 0708 says is golden (based off the likes and loves of his posts). If you (0708) can share with us (those, like me, who know nothing about you) some other important Nostradamus-like predictions you’ve successfully made in the past, then I’m grateful to become privy to such insider information you’ve had access to in the past. Again, I appreciate your input and anyone else’s on this site. Please don’t take this as a personal attack, as it is quite the opposite. I’m just trying to gauge the reliability of someone posting on a site which I’m not familiar with. And, please people, refrain from attacking me for wanting to innocently learn more info about 0708 and what gave him the confidence to so bluntly proclaim a “done deal”. I have witnessed the honesty and insider knowledge of Chris because I’ve been checking in to this site for some time. I’m just not familiar with 0708, and I would love to trust in another with reliable insider info. 

Thanks in advance if you should wish to “introduce” yourself and your inside track. If you choose not to, then please know I can understand that completely. Obviously, you owe me nothing. I will appreciate all your input regardless, like I do with “nearly” every poster on this site. 

Randy

Best thing I can say to that is to just let things play out and see what happens.  There is no card he is going to be able to play that will prove he has the goods on this.  The proof will be in the pudding as they say.

4 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

That's kind of my point.  I don't think Brad will just walk out on the Celtics.  They will have to agree to let him go.  I could see Danny not letting him go.

He could....no one has ever said that Ainge is a reasonable guy.  But I do have to say that keeping a player/coach/ball boy in an organization that truly wants to be somewhere else never ends well.

7 minutes ago, ray said:

I don’t want to discount or discredit any insider connections 0708 may have. I hope he heard it from the horse’s mouth (or another mouth VERY close to the horse, which I’m guessing it would have to be in order for what is assumed to be a short list of people who will know before anyone else) and that’s why he was so confident that it’s already a done deal. I’m not familiar with 0708, and I am certainly not discounting what he may have heard from some other unknown-to-me source or what he actually knows with certainty (which are two VERY different levels of accurate information), but it’s not like any of us assumed Sampson would be getting a pay raise after his moronic additional phone calls and the buyout would be public knowledge (any state employee can be looked up by anyone and find their salary and contractual agreements/buyouts can be done by simple math). If this “insider” info is his one calling card (and it may not be, but that’s all I’ve heard him claim), then I’m hesitant to believe he has any true certainty it’s a done deal. 

I appreciate any insider info you (0708) and anyone else can offer us, and it appears that gobs of other members on this site believe what 0708 says is golden (based off the likes and loves of his posts). If you (0708) can share with us (those, like me, who know nothing about you) some other important Nostradamus-like predictions you’ve successfully made in the past, then I’m grateful to become privy to such insider information you’ve had access to in the past. Again, I appreciate your input and anyone else’s on this site. Please don’t take this as a personal attack, as it is quite the opposite. I’m just trying to gauge the reliability of someone posting on a site which I’m not familiar with. And, please people, refrain from attacking me for wanting to innocently learn more info about 0708 and what gave him the confidence to so bluntly proclaim a “done deal”. I have witnessed the honesty and insider knowledge of Chris because I’ve been checking in to this site for some time. I’m just not familiar with 0708, and I would love to trust in another with reliable insider info. 

Thanks in advance if you should wish to “introduce” yourself and your inside track. If you choose not to, then please know I can understand that completely. Obviously, you owe me nothing. I will appreciate all your input regardless, like I do with “nearly” every poster on this site. 

Randy

0708 is the insider for HSN. HSN went down after the Archie news. So he’s over here now. 

22 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think Dolson was just discussing options for all scenarios and then after losing 6 in a row it was an easy decision.

Also, at the time he might’ve thought: we’ll make the tourney this year and we have no recruiting juice, I can wait until the C’s season is done and make a shocking change this summer.

But the losing streak forced the timeline up, and if you’re Stevens, you want to come home, who knows how long you’ll still be in Boston after this year no matter what...

1 hour ago, cappymo14 said:

So what is it about Stevens that makes him the ultimate home run? Looking to know peoples opinions on exactly why we think he is the hire that would blow the roof off assembly. Is it the Butler years? The b2b FF’s, 10 years ago? His college HC experience really wasn’t that long. What? Like 6 years total? Is it the NBA experience? Is it coaching style? I’m legit interested to hear everyone’s take on why BS is the be all end all of head coaches. Can he regain the magic here? Has his time in the league changed what made him successful in the college ranks?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: It's a combination of a lot of things, including some of what you have there.

His college HC experience. He took Butler to back to back championship games and was 1 basket from winning 1 of them. This is quite an accomplishment in and of itself. Butler was very bad for a very long time. They were decent when he took over but nowhere near back to back championship games good. He made them better and then repeated the feat to show the first wasn't a fluke. He was able to get his teams to overachieve. His years at Butler were enough to convince an NBA team to hire him.

Has 8 years experience as an NBA coach for one of the most prestigious teams in the Celtics. He's been successful there and, while the team this year isn't doing that great, has had some seasons of overachieving. Multiple Eastern Conference Finals so he's had some success in the playoffs but no Finals or championships. Still very good.

Grew up an IU fan so he knows all about Hoosier culture.

He's young so he can be the coach for a long time.

Well known name at this point so that and his NBA experience would really help recruiting. He would also be able to handle the egos of the players as he has plenty of experience with that.

His teams tend to play as much greater than the sum of their parts. This is something Miller, Crean, and Davis were never really able to do but Knight and Sampson did.

I doubt his time in the NBA will hurt his coaching at the college level at all. If anything, he's more knowledgeable now than he was before and should be able to do even better at the college level with that new knowledge and the more talented players he'd be able to land.

Coaching changes are never a sure thing but, to me, this is as close to one as they  come.

Just now, Treesh said:

0708 is the insider for HSN. HSN went down after the Archie news. So he’s over here now. 

+1 assuming it is the same guy - obviously I guess anyone could have taken the name here - it was a poster I listened to over there. One of the few remaining - we lost many of our best posters on HSN this year - really tough.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But what people don’t understand is we jumped through these hoops behind the scenes the last couple of weeks.

Explains the jets from Bloomington to New York and Boston.