Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Evariste Galois said:

I felt on HSN that the tone really shifted on CAM when he whiffed on Kauffman.

The language Dolson said about playing basketball that players want to play for reminded me of the discussions after that miss. From my understanding, there was no question Kauffman wanted to play for IU...

I know that for me if he had a monster class coming in that might have bought Archie another year. But as he started missing on top targets and then had such a poor finish his fate seemed doomed 

9 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

Ainge has a reputation of being a bit of an @$$ when it comes to trade negotiations. He always feels like he has to "win" every trade in the eyes of fans and the media. He's also known for calling teams when there's about 2 minutes left on the draft clock and offering them a ridiculously one-side take it or leave it offer.  This strategy blew up in this face with Gordon Hayward this summer when there were some sign and trade opportunities.  

I'm just getting that Josh McDaniels vibe.  Everyone knows Boston people like to be pricks just because. 

Being Captain Obvious here, but I'd be ecstatic with Stevens or Beard. I'd even be OK with Matta (if healthy) or Beilein -- if that's what it comes down to. 

But being a Bears fan for 45-plus years, I cannot help but have this fear that what just happened to them will happen in B-town. 

They swung for the fences (Russell Wilson) and essentially, struck out on three pitches (Andy Dalton). 

I don't want to see IU swing for the fences (Stevens) only to strike out on three pitches (Andy Enfield).

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I could see Ainge being a big hang up on this though just to be the jerk he is.  Hope not but it wouldn’t surprise me.

I agree with this.  Ainge is an @$$.  He has to win every trade and transaction.  If he is holding an asset that is worth anything, he is going to make you grovel for it.  Brad's contract is clearly worth something so I am sure he is making this as painful as possible.

10 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

From my experience and others I know, the wives almost always get their way with big life decisions

Sometimes not.  Why does my wife put up with me?

Hopefully Brad is the type you describe

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I'm just getting that Josh McDaniels vibe.  Everyone knows Boston people like to be pricks just because. 

Danny Ainge is a mormon from Oregon... still might be a dick but the odds are lower.

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Being Captain Obvious here, but I'd be ecstatic with Stevens or Beard. I'd even be OK with Matta (if healthy) or Beilein -- if that's what it comes down to. 

But being a Bears fan for 45-plus years, I cannot help but have this fear that what just happened to them will happen in B-town. 

They swung for the fences (Russell Wilson) and essentially, struck out on three pitches (Andy Dalton). 

I don't want to see IU swing for the fences (Stevens) only to strike out on three pitches (Andy Enfield).

If the McCaskey's were on the BOT, I'd worry too...

2 minutes ago, LookatthestonesonDolson said:

Brad Stevens has more integrity in his pinky nail than McDaniels will ever have in his whole person.  Not the same character of person. 

That's kind of my point.  I don't think Brad will just walk out on the Celtics.  They will have to agree to let him go.  I could see Danny not letting him go.

Edited by Kentuckysucks

23 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Loaded, has your glass ever been half full, even when filled to the brim? Nobody loves me nobody cares. If life is empty and full of tears. 
I long for true love, searched everywhere. Nobody loves me, nobody cares.

He is a a half empty kind of guy, but I don't see what he said here as being unrealistic.  There are a lot of hoops to jump through.

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

That's kind of my point.  I don't think Brad will just walk out on the Celtics.  They will have to agree to let him go.  I could see Danny not letting him go.

Yes but like anything If he knows Brad doesn’t want to b there y would he want him to stay?

13 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

Ainge has a reputation of being a bit of an @$$ when it comes to trade negotiations. He always feels like he has to "win" every trade in the eyes of fans and the media. He's also known for calling teams when there's about 2 minutes left on the draft clock and offering them a ridiculously one-side take it or leave it offer.  This strategy blew up in this face with Gordon Hayward this summer when there were some sign and trade opportunities.  

I was shocked when I learned that there was an offer of Myles Turner & Doug McDermott for Gordon Hayward and Ainge asked for Tuner & Oladipo.  What a jerk.  Apparently Hayward was begging to be traded to the Pacers because he wants to get back home.  Until I listened to the Tate & Titus podcast I never really considered how toxic it must be in Boston for Hayward to want to get the hell out of there when he clearly loves Brad Stevens.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge traded Hayward just to stick it to Brad to let him know that he is in charge.

56 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

The piece in this thread I find interesting is that the same person that broke Sampson detail to 0708 is who is providing it this time. How many people from the AD have been around since Sampson? I guess more continuity in the BoT so possibility there. Hard to imagine the circle of trust would expand much further than that given the delicacy of ongoing discussions.

I don’t want to discount or discredit any insider connections 0708 may have. I hope he heard it from the horse’s mouth (or another mouth VERY close to the horse, which I’m guessing it would have to be in order for what is assumed to be a short list of people who will know before anyone else) and that’s why he was so confident that it’s already a done deal. I’m not familiar with 0708, and I am certainly not discounting what he may have heard from some other unknown-to-me source or what he actually knows with certainty (which are two VERY different levels of accurate information), but it’s not like any of us assumed Sampson would be getting a pay raise after his moronic additional phone calls and the buyout would be public knowledge (any state employee can be looked up by anyone and find their salary and contractual agreements/buyouts can be done by simple math). If this “insider” info is his one calling card (and it may not be, but that’s all I’ve heard him claim), then I’m hesitant to believe he has any true certainty it’s a done deal. 

I appreciate any insider info you (0708) and anyone else can offer us, and it appears that gobs of other members on this site believe what 0708 says is golden (based off the likes and loves of his posts). If you (0708) can share with us (those, like me, who know nothing about you) some other important Nostradamus-like predictions you’ve successfully made in the past, then I’m grateful to become privy to such insider information you’ve had access to in the past. Again, I appreciate your input and anyone else’s on this site. Please don’t take this as a personal attack, as it is quite the opposite. I’m just trying to gauge the reliability of someone posting on a site which I’m not familiar with. And, please people, refrain from attacking me for wanting to innocently learn more info about 0708 and what gave him the confidence to so bluntly proclaim a “done deal”. I have witnessed the honesty and insider knowledge of Chris because I’ve been checking in to this site for some time. I’m just not familiar with 0708, and I would love to trust in another with reliable insider info. 

Thanks in advance if you should wish to “introduce” yourself and your inside track. If you choose not to, then please know I can understand that completely. Obviously, you owe me nothing. I will appreciate all your input regardless, like I do with “nearly” every poster on this site. 

Randy

2 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Yes but like anything If he knows Brad doesn’t want to b there y would he want him to stay?

Because Ainge is a narcissist.  He wants to have all of the control.  He is the classic boss that says, "You can't quit, I am firing you".  He realizes that Brad is gone, but for Ainge is has to be on his terms.  That way he still feels like a big man who has all of the control.

5 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I was shocked when I learned that there was an offer of Myles Turner & Doug McDermott for Gordon Hayward and Ainge asked for Tuner & Oladipo.  What a jerk.  Apparently Hayward was begging to be traded to the Pacers because he wants to get back home.  Until I listened to the Tate & Titus podcast I never really considered how toxic it must be in Boston for Hayward to want to get the hell out of there when he clearly loves Brad Stevens.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge traded Hayward just to stick it to Brad to let him know that he is in charge.

The Gordon Hayward situation alone could be a season Brad would entertain offers to leave Boston. That is something I hadn’t thought much about.