Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

8 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Titus made a great point on his show that if Brad had said no then wouldn’t these national media guys be talking about who IU is reaching out to. They haven’t been other than just throwing out names that IU might be interested in. 

Agreed and also these national media types would be burying IU fans for ever thinking they had a shot at BFS.

I could see Ainge being a big hang up on this though just to be the jerk he is.  Hope not but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Eh. I don’t think that will happen. Then you have a coach that is coaching for a team he does not want to be with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I could see Ainge being a big hang up on this though just to be the jerk he is.  Hope not but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Ainge has a reputation of being a bit of an @$$ when it comes to trade negotiations. He always feels like he has to "win" every trade in the eyes of fans and the media. He's also known for calling teams when there's about 2 minutes left on the draft clock and offering them a ridiculously one-side take it or leave it offer.  This strategy blew up in this face with Gordon Hayward this summer when there were some sign and trade opportunities.  

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

You know more than me, but the trade deadline is in a week — I wonder if he’d rather just move on, raise up an assistant, and focus on trying to improve the team

They have some really good young assistants who could bring a new voice.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We started discussing those hurdles with his beautiful agent back in late January, early February. So everything was written up exactly how they wanted. So there’s not really much to be done. This has been planned out and agreed upon.

damn, Arch had no shot at coming back then lol

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We started discussing those hurdles with his beautiful agent back in late January, early February. So everything was written up exactly how they wanted. So there’s not really much to be done. This has been planned out and agreed upon.

I think I need to call my doctor because it's been more than 4 hours.....

If the salary mentioned is anywhere near what it is, and considering the cost of living difference (35% from what I could find) it's hard for me to imagine anyone who seems to love Indiana and the area to turn it down...

I know BS makes more than he probably ever imagined now, and that money can't buy happiness, but it's a pretty good down payment on it long term...

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If all of this come true... I'll buy a few rounds for us. And I don't even drink. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think Dolson was just discussing options for all scenarios and then after losing 6 in a row it was an easy decision.

I like to hear that.  I was not on board with the Dolson hire at all...I have a crow waiting to he eaten.  I will enjoy every bite.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

They both take certain positions and discuss why something will or won't happen I believe.  So Rabjohns will take the "reasonable" position that Stevens is not coming, and this is why.  Then the Hysterics will take the position that he is coming and this is why.

Basically, all these guys do is have the same discussions we have on the boards on a daily basis.  I subscribed to Peegs site for 1 year back in the early 2000's and the info you got from the "insiders" was no better then the free boards.

I also subscribed to peegs for a single year a long time ago. Waste of money.