Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

This is two factual statements:

1. They did sign him to an extension last year, and
2. “awhile” could be hours, days, years

Pretty sure Brad signed the extension in August last year before things reportedly hit the fan in Boston. 

Just now, Hooserfan1901 said:

In my eyes, I see that as a shoo-away answer 

Possibly. I don’t take it as gospel and obviously he isn’t going to come out and say “yes he is leaving”. Just sharing what read. If anything it does show that there is at least conversation and it’s not just IU fans doing to talking. 

31 minutes ago, Seawolf82 said:

I live in Evansville and have seen that flight listed quite a bit in the past. No smoke ..

Berry Global based out of Evansville has a few plants located in NJ. Probably going to check on production. They are also a big corporate sponsor for IU...

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The more and more I think about... The more I believe he's not coming. So many hurdles to jump. 

Loaded, has your glass ever been half full, even when filled to the brim? Nobody loves me nobody cares. If life is empty and full of tears. 
I long for true love, searched everywhere. Nobody loves me, nobody cares.

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think the part Ainge isn’t considering is Tracy Stevens. From what I understand momma bear wants to come home, it’s more money here for Brad and those are things Danny can’t control 

Isn’t there always on any coaching change though? Most of the time good programs aren’t hiring guys that are out of work.

Edit-oops quoted wrong post

Edited by IUwins0708

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Titus made a great point on his show that if Brad had said no then wouldn’t these national media guys be talking about who IU is reaching out to. They haven’t been other than just throwing out names that IU might be interested in. 

This is what I’m thinking. Where is all the buzz for IU reaching out to other coaches? This thing has been super hush hush and secretive. Why go full CIA dark ops if it isn’t for a big target? It always leaks when a team reaches out to a coach even if they are in the tournament. A whole secondary industry is based off it. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think the part Ainge isn’t considering is Tracy Stevens. From what I understand momma bear wants to come home, it’s more money here for Brad and those are things Danny can’t control 

100%
Didn’t post it to undermine anyone’s inside info or ruffle feathers. Just sharing what he had to say. I want Brad just as much as the next guy trust me lol. I was born and raised an IU fan and it has been tough to say the least. Being born in ‘92 and not having anything other than our rich history and a few glimpses of decent basketball has been a challenge. 

1 minute ago, Aaron McKnight said:

100%
Didn’t post it to undermine anyone’s inside info or ruffle feathers. Just sharing what he had to say. I want Brad just as much as the next guy trust me lol. I was born and raised an IU fan and it has been tough to say the least. Being born in ‘92 and not having anything other than our rich history and a few glimpses of decent basketball has been a challenge. 

We know. It’s good to post everything so that we look at the information as logical as possible. 

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I could see Ainge being a big hang up on this though just to be the jerk he is.  Hope not but it wouldn’t surprise me.

You know more than me, but the trade deadline is in a week — I wonder if he’d rather just move on, raise up an assistant, and focus on trying to improve the team