Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 hour ago, theriverpilot said:

My first reaction is his instant recognition with recruits.  He's taken a team (a mid-major at that) to the NCAA championship game twice and he's coached arguably the most iconic NBA franchise for 8 years.  I still think he coaches outside of the box a lot.; I see it with his inbound plays.  I think he could be very successful at Indiana

That is probably my biggest thing is when you watch him his Out of Bounds and situation plays are pretty darn good. They have a purpose, and you can see it coming to fruition.  I think Archie struggled with the X's and O's and was more a bulldog mentality.  I think Stevens will change it up and play to his teams strengths.

28 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Basically based on what 0708 and 007 are saying, nothing via official channels

Maybe I missed it in the 10,000 pages here but I haven’t seen them really say anything. I know Chris has said we were going hard at him but what more is there? I see 0708 thinking our odds are better this time but what else is there?

I feel like this board has created the smoke out of not really anything. It feels a lot like the smoke that was artificially created around donovan on TOS last time

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I still believe everything is good on our end. I think we’re just waiting for the Celtics to finish up their loose ends. Stay positive Hoosiers. 

What does this mean by Celtics loose ends... In terms of? Are we looking at a possibility of a midseason change (aka Boston trying to finalize a transition plan) or something akin to that?

Just now, MikeRoberts said:

Maybe I missed it in the 10,000 pages here but I haven’t seen them really say anything. I know Chris has said we were going hard at him but what more is there? I see 0708 thinking our odds are better this time but what else is there?

I feel like this board has created the smoke out of not really anything. It feels a lot like the smoke that was artificially created around donovan on TOS last time

0708 said Stevens to Indiana is happening, 007 hasnt been quite as explicit as that but as you can see above he's basically there too

55 minutes ago, Feathery said:

X’s and O’s are top notch. He knows Indiana. Respected by all the high school coaches. His time in the NBA actually helps recruiting because his resume at Butler wouldn’t put him over the top with some top kids. He has been successful in the NBA and in college. There isn’t a better fit culturally, ethically, or emotionally for IU/Fanbase/Stevens. 

Yes! Pitino and Calapari have pushed the narrative that they’ve coached in the NBA and know what it takes to get kids there, as they should! Even better with Brad and unlike the other two he was successful in the NBA. 

What does this mean by Celtics loose ends... In terms of? Are we looking at a possibility of a midseason change (aka Boston trying to finalize a transition plan) or something akin to that?

Contractural stuff is a ****

As any lawyer will tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Page 10 of this thread. 

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

There is always one frowning person in a group photo.