Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

Haven't been on since last night.  Had my figers crossed that this thread title would edited to "Welcome to IU Coach Stevens".  Just going to have to wait a little longer, I guess.

I’m breaking the news to the board. 

It’s my final duty as Archie’s main supporter. 

1 minute ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Man! We went from WE GOT HIM last night to a lot more somber this morning. Making me wanna pull my hair out! Since I have none left on my head, I guess I'll start with the hairs on my back. 

What more is there? Honestly... did you think news would have broken by now? 

6 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

I see a private plane was scheduled to leave Evansville headed to Teterboro at 8:16 this morning. Teterboro is where the flight is headed from Bedford MA now. Probably nothing. 

I live in Evansville and have seen that flight listed quite a bit in the past. No smoke ..

Nobody knows when it will be announced. I guess he can still change his mind but Indiana isn’t talking to anymore coaches currently.

But again. Like you said yesterday. If they are already telling recruits, it’s going to leak by Sunday. Guaranteed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

What more is there? Honestly... did you think news would have broken by now? 

Thought, no... irrationally hoped for... yes. 

I have not had this much hope for IU basketball since the mid-90's (except briefly in the 2012 and 2013... once we could not beat a zone with a bunch of 3 point shooters on the team I lost hope).

Unless they play the deny, deny, and deny game.

Yes. If only one recruit says it. The more that do the harder it is to deny lol. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

But it wouldn't be a Celtics flight BS would be taking with anything related to IU.

That's where the private planes fly out of in that area. Also, if he's really stepping down to take the IU job, which I still think may be a long shot, he'd be working with the Celtics on that exit. 

Regardless, even if this is all coming together, id be really surprised if Stevens was flying to Indiana today. 

Just now, BGleas said:

That's where the private planes fly out of in that area. Also, if he's really stepping down to take the IU job, which I still think may be a long shot, he'd be working with the Celtics on that exit. 

Regardless, even if this is all coming together, id be really surprised if Stevens was flying to Indiana today. 

Yeah I believe Glass interviewed Archie in San Francisco.