Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

5 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Just a guess but I actually DO think we may here something today. Celtics are off before a back-to-back Fri/Sat, tourney starts tonight so you’d get lots of coverage...

It’s where I am at. I’d expect as soon as it’s signed it will be out and a press conference will be announced. 

21 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

I have no idea what this means

They both take certain positions and discuss why something will or won't happen I believe.  So Rabjohns will take the "reasonable" position that Stevens is not coming, and this is why.  Then the Hysterics will take the position that he is coming and this is why.

Basically, all these guys do is have the same discussions we have on the boards on a daily basis.  I subscribed to Peegs site for 1 year back in the early 2000's and the info you got from the "insiders" was no better then the free boards.

So what is it about Stevens that makes him the ultimate home run? Looking to know peoples opinions on exactly why we think he is the hire that would blow the roof off assembly. Is it the Butler years? The b2b FF’s, 10 years ago? His college HC experience really wasn’t that long. What? Like 6 years total? Is it the NBA experience? Is it coaching style? I’m legit interested to hear everyone’s take on why BS is the be all end all of head coaches. Can he regain the magic here? Has his time in the league changed what made him successful in the college ranks?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

It’s where I am at. I’d expect as soon as it’s signed it will be out and a press conference will be announced. 

In theory it sounds great to let him finish the season. However, that would create a massive distraction for Boston. Look how it is now...imagine if it's like this in a month. 

4 minutes ago, Feathery said:

If they do get him (please God) and do have a press conference soon, then what happens? Does he finish out the season in Boston or leave immediately?

14 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I immediately loved Titus when he started ripping on Goodman and all the other national media people. Not a bad podcast. 

I was in 100% agreement. 

There also was a pretty decent podcast with Osterman where he discusses how basketball fandom is different in Indiana. How it is part of the person's identity based on family history.

As someone that was born in Indiana but moved out when I was young, there is no question that being an IU fan was part of my identity implanted by my father. Almost like a nationality or something.

Just now, cappymo14 said:

So what is it about Stevens that makes him the ultimate home run? Looking to know peoples opinions on exactly why we think he is the hire that would blow the roof off assembly. Is it the Butler years? The b2b FF’s, 10 years ago? His college HC experience really wasn’t that long. What? Like 6 years total? Is it the NBA experience? Is it coaching style? I’m legit interested to hear everyone’s take on why BS is the be all end all of head coaches. Can he regain the magic here? Has his time in the league changed what made him successful in the college ranks?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My first reaction is his instant recognition with recruits.  He's taken a team (a mid-major at that) to the NCAA championship game twice and he's coached arguably the most iconic NBA franchise for 8 years.  I still think he coaches outside of the box a lot.; I see it with his inbound plays.  I think he could be very successful at Indiana

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

In theory it sounds great to let him finish the season. However, that would create a massive distraction for Boston. Look how it is now...imagine if it's like this in a month. 

I could see a scenario where he accepts and it’s announced. Michael Lewis is hired as Associate Head Coach and takes over until the end of the NBA season. I think Boston would just tell Brad to move along, but it’s just a scenario that could happen. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

I could see a scenario where he accepts and it’s announced. Michael Lewis is hired as Associate Head Coach and takes over until the end of the NBA season. I think Boston would just tell Brad to move along, but it’s just a scenario that could happen. 

Imagine if that did happen and they had a nice playoff run the recruiting tool that would be and the exposure our program would get.  

I somehow doubt that would happen though.  If he takes the job, he comes asap IMO.  

Timeline is still a little sketchy and so is his current contract with the Celts.  He can’t just quit because just like Andrew Luck did, if he came back he would still be “owned” (for lack of a better term) by the team that has him under contract.  It’s an odd contract but Boston fans being angry and playing like crap will help.

25 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I immediately loved Titus when he started ripping on Goodman and all the other national media people. Not a bad podcast. 

It's a seriously good show. They are great guys. Been listening to them for years now in previous iterations of their podcast.