Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, goiubb2000 said:

I think everyone needs to pump the brakes a bit. I think the 3 coaches are Stevens, Beard, and Belien however nothing is a done deal yet. Key word is yet. This is a Brad Stevens decision and he will be the one to make it. He must decide and I don’t believe any decision has been made. I don’t want to pour cold water on everyone’s “movement” but everyone is acting like an announcement for today. It is not to that point yet. Voice of reason and also remember the Billy discussion. 

True, but this stuff could have been going on for weeks also

Just now, IUHAHN81 said:

Yeah, wife just asked what my plans for the day were. Told her, sit in the recliner with my phone charger near by hitting the refresh button. Hoosier lifestyle at the moment. 

You just described plans for most of Central Indiana’s residents with this going on...

Other "fanbases" can make fun of us all they want about screaming and peeing our pants like a bunch of teenage girls at a Beatles concert, but that's why IU basketball is IU basketball.  Very few other programs have the passion that we have, and none have our overall good looks and intelligence.  If Stevens doesn't come we will be crushed, but we'll pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and tip our cap to Dolson for going to the wall for this.  We will get behind any coach that is can prove to be a winner at IU, Stevens just has the resume to be fully behind him from day 1.

26 minutes ago, LookatthestonesonDolson said:

I like the feature of it editing unnecessary salt, just didn’t think word I used qualified. 

This was a majorly overused word at the end of the Crean-era, so we came up with that to not have to read that word on here anymore. There’s some others that I can’t remember. 

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Just a guess but I actually DO think we may here something today. Celtics are off before a back-to-back Fri/Sat, tourney starts tonight so you’d get lots of coverage...

Just depends on where talks are I guess. Would be one hell of a statement. That's for sure!