Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

If this happens...and if you're inclined to troll the national guys telling them how wrong they were...please make sure you don't have an online presence with wrong assertions as well.  If you insisted Archie was a good coach, or that he would be here next year because the buyout was too high, or...anything really...don't do it.

Just be happy.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

As for the alleged call to a recruit; I couldn't do that at 90%, I'd need to be able to say it's done.  IF I said anything at 90% I wouldn't mention a name I'd say something like "I'm 90% certain and if I'm right you should be excited" but I probably wouldn't do that.

If you want to keep it quiet you do not tell a HS kid something like that.

what if it was something like, "it's ________________ to be the next coach and 90% done with all the legalities/pay/etc

4 minutes ago, hoosierfan6157 said:

I’m just so excited you guys! Thank you so much 0708 and 007 for all that you shared with us! 

Don't be excited yet, nothing has actually happened and it looks like that Boston to Indy flight is happening eithet.

As for the alleged call to a recruit; I couldn't do that at 90%, I'd need to be able to say it's done.  IF I said anything at 90% I wouldn't mention a name I'd say something like "I'm 90% certain and if I'm right you should be excited" but I probably wouldn't do that.
If you want to keep it quiet you do not tell a HS kid something like that.
And no offense to Logan but a recruit of his or any caliber is not worth jeopardizing anything or pissing anyone off. Makes no sense to me. He can wait a little longer just like anyone else.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LookatthestonesonDolson said:

Since you are awake...how sure do you feel about Stevens coaching IU next season?

I still feel it’s going to happen. The timing has never been better. There were two other times the timing just didn’t add up. After Crean’s third year and when IU fired Crean four years ago. Stevens was in a perfect situation both times. The first time, he had just taken Butler to back to back championship games. The second time, he was in his prime of coaching the Celtics. There’s no such perfect situation this time. Third time’s the charm

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I still feel it’s going to happen. The timing has never been better. There were two other times the timing just didn’t add up. After Crean’s third year and when IU fired Crean four years ago. Stevens was in a perfect situation both times. The first time, he had just taken Butler to back to back championship games. The second time, he was in his prime of coaching the Celtics. There’s no such perfect situation this time. Third time’s the charm

This just based on a feeling, or do you know peeps like 007 and 0708?