Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I really, really wish he could have figured it out. He's a great coach and for unknown reasons it just didn't work. I personally had my heart and mind set on him being here for 25 years. I'd even go as far as saying I feel like the players did him an injustice with some of their inabilities to follow direction, bad attitudes and shooting percentage head games. I truly believe wherever he goes next will be more like his Dayton experience. Can't blame it all on the players but he didn't have that part easy, and with the mess Crean left him, he was stuck with what he had. Couldn't flush guys. Also, everything you read says the staff absolutely loved CAM...all of them. Great guy - sucks this didn't work out.

long time lurker, first time poster. mostly hang out at HSN.

He will be a good coach somewhere, just hope its not somewhere where IU plays them frequently. A little change in luck, he coulda been our guy for the next 35 years. Right coach wrong timing. Best of luck except when/if playing IU.

With that said IU better be ponying up the cash to snag a big name, and not just dump CAM for some schlep.

Just now, ledies22 said:

long time lurker, first time poster. mostly hang out at HSN.

He will be a good coach somewhere, just hope its not somewhere where IU plays them frequently. A little change in luck, he coulda been our guy for the next 35 years. Right coach wrong timing. Best of luck except when/if playing IU.

With that said IU better be ponying up the cash to snag a big name, and not just dump CAM for some schlep.

Welcome fellow HSN member! Not sure what happened to that site...

Like others here, I wish CAM well. I like him and when he was hired, I thought we had our coach for the next 15 years. 

But it just wasn't the right fit. He had great success at Dayton, which is in what's probably the best mid-major conference, so I don't think hiring him was a mistake. When you succeed in the A-10, your next stop is most likely running a P5 program. 

I could see him taking a year off, recharging then going to a place like Pittsburgh -- where Jeff Capel hasn't knocked anyone's socks off. Pitt fans like their hoops, but they're not as fanatical as we are. Plus, that's right in Archie's backyard. 

Good mid-major to low-major coach.  Should be plenty of openings for him this offseason.  College of Charleston is a gem of a low-mid major job, South Carolina State is open, The Delaware Bay Fighting Armadillos could be a wonderous fit.  Thanks for the effort Coach Miller and staff.  Don't blow the 10 million in one place.

Edited by ThePaulieWalnuts

On 3/16/2021 at 7:58 AM, IU-DL said:

I really, really wish he could have figured it out. He's a great coach and for unknown reasons it just didn't work. I personally had my heart and mind set on him being here for 25 years. I'd even go as far as saying I feel like the players did him an injustice with some of their inabilities to follow direction, bad attitudes and shooting percentage head games. I truly believe wherever he goes next will be more like his Dayton experience. Can't blame it all on the players but he didn't have that part easy, and with the mess Crean left him, he was stuck with what he had. Couldn't flush guys. Also, everything you read says the staff absolutely loved CAM...all of them. Great guy - sucks this didn't work out.

I, too, wish Coach Miller the best in future endeavors.  Being an IU alum and fan that has been living in Dayton for a long time...I have followed Coach Miller at UD and IU.  When CTC left and Miller was announced as HC @ IU I was somewhat surprised but pleased.  He had turned UD around and had significant successes.  Thought it would be a big step up.  Hoping that he would bring IU into competing at the top of the B1G and making runs in the NCAAT.  

I knew that he was tough but fair, intense but motivating, blessed with the rare gift of being able to relate to, and bring the best out of, players with a combination of both good cop and bad.  He was clean, professional, and dedicated.  He could develop players, recruit well, and was results oriented.

He knew how to work hard and scrap with vigor to get to one's goal.  His teams played like teams should...sharing and never giving up.

Miller really got the short end of the stick at IU.  Not saying that it wasn't time to change coaches, just saying that IU-DL posting above is more true than most fans seem to see.

Bon Voyage Coach Miller!  Thanks and good luck. May you always have a great PG on your team.