Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

My April starting lineup

Rob           But also could be KL

Xavier        But also could be Parker

Parker       But also could be Trey

Jordan       But also could be Race or Hunter

TJD            But this will only be TJD

57 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I can't imagine Fife saying that Rob can be and sometimes is the best defender in the Big Ten and him not start or get a lot of minutes. 

I was laughed at for having a three guard line up. If Woody wants to play 6'6-6'8 guys at the 3-4 spots like most of us assume, someone won't see as many minutes. I feel the top three guards are Xavier, Parker, and Rob. I think Xavier and Parker see the most minutes. Rob is still going to have a massive role. Probably the first guard off the bench. I just don't think he plays as much as years past. 

27 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Too early for lineup projections because I think we add at least 1 more guy either from the portal or someone like Bates 

100%. But it's fun to speculate and see where the roster is at. I feel they are going to add another guy that will be a top 3 or 4 player on this team. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I was laughed at for having a three guard line up. If Woody wants to play 6'5-6'8 guys at the 3-4 spots like most of us assume, someone won't see as many minutes. I feel the top three guards are Xavier, Parker, and Rob. I think Xavier and Parker see the most minutes. Rob is still going to have a massive role. Probably the first guard off the bench. I just don't think he plays as much as years past. 

yeah people assume XJ would take Rob's spot. But the reality is this team doesn't have anyone on the wing that is proven enough to let that happen. It looks like it will have to be a 3 guard lineup just because of the roster makeup, not necessarily by choice

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I was laughed at for having a three guard line up. If Woody wants to play 6'5-6'8 guys at the 3-4 spots like most of us assume, someone won't see as many minutes. I feel the top three guards are Xavier, Parker, and Rob. I think Xavier and Parker see the most minutes. Rob is still going to have a massive role. Probably the first guard off the bench. I just don't think he plays as much as years past. 

I think people have over hyped the 6'5-6'8 stuff. I think that's what he might want in a perfect world but at the end of the day he also probably wants guys that fill certain roles well. If they are a little smaller than I'm sure Woody will find a way to maximize things and make it work. 

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't think we will see Race start along TJD with the 41 offense unless he really works on his outside shot this summer. Would have to be Hunter or a greatly improved Geronimo. 

Or - a stretch 4 transfer?

I personally hope they give Geronimo a lot of run at the beginning of the year. If he can continue to develop and become the player we hope he can this team's ceiling rises quickly. He provides a dimension nobody else does on this team. 

On 4/13/2021 at 8:58 PM, brumdog45 said:

TJD played 30 and Brunk played 20 when Miller was coaching.  It 100% didn't work and clogged the lanes completely.  He also played Justin Smith at the 3 at the same time, putting three guys who couldn't shoot the ball at all.  There is zero chance that Brunk was ever going to get minutes anywhere near that now.

And, agree to disagree, of course it has something to do with Race.  The few minutes that Race will get at the 5 will be the matchup allows it.  It's not whether we prefer to have Brunk or Race backing up TJD....it's that Brunk doesn't want to back up TJD and basically not see the court much.

There are going to be times (TJD foul trouble, TJD injury, playing big teams) when Race playing the 5 will be an absolute weakness. That's just the practical truth. Then from a player development perspective (playing a guy in the position that best suits their size, not to mention fits their potential NBA aspirations) it would have been better, especially for TJD if Woodson wanted him to play more 4. TJD stands no chance at playing the 5 at the next level, but could have a chance at 4 if he develops a shot (which he won't near as much if he's at the 5 all the time).

Having Brunk and TJD play bad together in Archie's O, has zero bearing on what they might look like, or develop into in Woodson's O.

On 4/8/2021 at 8:19 AM, iu eyedoc said:

IU player on the team: " Love the guy, he is a key piece of the team moving forward."

IU player in the portal: "Punk is just an attention *****. He isn't even ranked high. If he doesn't want to be here fluck him."

IU player removes his name from the portal: "Love it, great player, great potential. Let's ********* Go!! "

On 4/8/2021 at 8:32 AM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Don't think that's progressed like that for any player this season. 

Really????

Maybe you aren't looking hard enough.

51 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

he's dead to me...

11 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Sounds to me like he tucked tail and ran. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. 

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

My April starting lineup

Rob           But also could be KL

Xavier        But also could be Parker

Parker       But also could be Trey

Jordan       But also could be Race or Hunter

TJD            But this will only be TJD

It’s kind of crazy that we really only have one “no question about it” starter in TJD.

I really thought Rob might be the odd man out until I saw the Dane Fife interview. He was really positive about Rob and made it clear that one of his goals was getting Rob to maximize his potential as he sees him as one of the best defenders in the BT (when he plays up to his capabilities).

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

It’s kind of crazy that we really only have one “no question about it” starter in TJD.

I really thought Rob might be the odd man out until I saw the Dane Fife interview. He was really positive about Rob and made it clear that one of his goals was getting Rob to maximize his potential as he sees him as one of the best defenders in the BT (when he plays up to his capabilities).

So we really have a bunch of dudes who really don't stand out. 

7 hours ago, Cd71 said:

Was just thinking the same thing.  I am a wait and see on Stewart.  

Personally, I'm pretty high on Stewart's chances.  Helps that he has the ability to play both wing positions.  Being a 6'5" guard allows you some lineup flexibility.

I think I'm probably higher on Stewart, Hunter, and Johnson than most, but lower on Lander and Geronimo (I'm certainly not low on them in the slightest, I just view them as less of a finished product than most).