Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The names that have been mentioned that are still available are Kopp, Nickleberry, and Bates. I don't think any other names have been said to have been contacted by IU. 

My UL friends are telling me that Nickleberry would be a wasted scholarship.  I have never really watched the kid play so I am not sure, just what I am being told.

3 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

My UL friends are telling me that Nickleberry would be a wasted scholarship.  I have never really watched the kid play so I am not sure, just what I am being told.

I'm not exactly blown away by the list of schools that have contacted him so they might be right. 

Indiana, Clemson, Grand Canyon, Boston College, Wichita State, Elon, Georgia State, Texas A&M, and UNCW

Compare that with his recruitment list out of HS:

North Carolina, NC State, Michigan, Xavier and UConn

His stock has dropped a ton after some time in D1.

37 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

I believe Rob Phin will be a senior, but he will still have that 5th year left due to Covid.

I know things are a bit funky so I looked at the roster and scholarship chart

https://www.insidethehall.com/indiana-scholarship-numbers/

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

In short, everyone has at least 2 years of eligibility. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Rob is not going anywhere. Fife said we need to figure out how to get Rob's groove back. Said he can be the best defender in the big ten. 

He was at his best the first half of his freshman year before the Archie effect started to sink in. Hopefully they can get him back to that. 

I’m guessing Hunter might be the one to leave if we bring in shooters? 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Rob is not going anywhere. Fife said we need to figure out how to get Rob's groove back. Said he can be the best defender in the big ten. 

Good! Your last post had me worried Rob might be the odd man out. I agree with Fife, lets get Rob's groove back!

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If anybody knows what happens when Rob unleashes his defensive fury it'd be Fife.....they guy who was on the other side of the mayhem it created. He shut down some good MSU players. 

23 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I've even heard that IU has had some level of contact with Kyle Mangas which tells me they are searching high and low for roster upgrades. 

Kyle Mangas would be a helluva interesting get. Shooting 39% from three at a very high volume for his career. At over 25ppg for his college career, he's being picked up at half court and routinely drawing double teams. 

Last season 29.5 ppg on 39% 3 pt shooting and 85% ft shooting.

Not Bad Alright GIF - NotBad Alright Okay GIFs

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Kyle Mangas would be a helluva interesting get. Shooting 39% from three at a very high volume for his career. At over 25ppg for his college career, he's being picked up at half court and routinely drawing double teams. 

Am I wrong, but didn't our old buddy Johnny Marlin come here from Indiana Wesleyan? Or did he transfer there after his stent with us?

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

.....if so, what a dream for Kyle!

Not knocking IWU or NAIA, my daughter played softball for IWU, but to go from there to IU (NCAA division 1)......wow.

3 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Am I wrong, but didn't our old buddy Johnny Marlin come here from Indiana Wesleyan? Or did he transfer there after his stent with us?

I think he went there afterward. But don't remember totally 

Sheesh -- I'm late to the game today. Just seeing the news about Brunk. 

I'm sorta surprised. In his presser about coming back, TJD made it sound as if it was a foregone conclusion that Joey would be back. Wonder if he didn't hit it off with Woodson. Maybe it's just me, but his Twitter announcement seemed a little terse.