Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

Just now, IGotMeAWoody said:

I believe Rob Phin will be a senior, but he will still have that 5th year left due to Covid.

Xavier Johnson is also a senior, depending how you look at it. He’s played 3 years of college basketball. It will also be Jerome Hunter’s fourth year in college, though he redshirted his first year here. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Xavier Johnson is also a senior, depending how you look at it. He’s played 3 years of college basketball. It will also be Jerome Hunter’s fourth year in college, though he redshirted his first year here. 

There will be recruiting space next year

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think the staff has finished watching all film from last year, and are sitting down with the players to let them know their role, how many minutes and things like that going forward. Don't be surprised if Brunk isn't the last one to move along to another school. We are bringing in two more guys, a stretch 4 and a shooter. 

Have the new guys been identified or are we still looking?

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think the staff has finished watching all film from last year, and are sitting down with the players to let them know their role, how many minutes and things like that going forward. Don't be surprised if Brunk isn't the last one to move along to another school. We are bringing in two more guys, a stretch 4 and a shooter. 

I'm really curious to see who exactly is brought in. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The thing I like and appreciate the most about Joey Brunk is his presence as a team leader. As a rotational piece, he definitely does not fit Woody's offense with bigs that can step out and shoot a little. Nor does he fit Woody's defense with players that can guard multiple positions.

Race and Trayce are both better post defenders at the 5 even though they're a few inches shorter, both Race and Trayce project as better shooters from 15-20 feet, and both Race and Trayce are much better at guarding multiple positions.

Let's add a four and a shooting wing and get to business!

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

According to Bart Torvik's RosterCast the loss of Joey doesn't affect the roster projection at #18 overall. 

Just FYI 

Makes sense. Brunk is a slow-footed big man who cannot stretch the floor or play defense at a high level. There aren't a lot of minutes for guys like that in a modern-day offense. I appreciate his contributions to the program, but the loss here is the depth he provided with his scholarship not counting against the cap. 

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The height isn't nearly as important as the skill level though. 

Well of course skill level is important for any position. Kind of goes without saying. At the same time, skill level with size is going to help out a lot more.

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

um... two more guys:92:. Do tell!

2 minutes ago, T White said:

Well of course skill level is important for any position. Kind of goes without saying. At the same time, skill level with size is going to help out a lot more.

Sure. But we don't really lack size. We are plenty big, we aren't skilled enough. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Makes sense. Brunk is a slow-footed big man who cannot stretch the floor or play defense at a high level. There aren't a lot of minutes for guys like that in a modern-day offense. I appreciate his contributions to the program, but the loss here is the depth he provided with his scholarship not counting against the cap. 

I agree. I didn't want him to leave, but simultaneously didn't want him getting many minutes next year. 

I really wish he could have played this past year as I know how much he loves IU and is a hoosier.  

Just now, Chris007 said:

I think we have a list of guys were in contact with. There is a plan moving forward, I just don't know what it is but I'm asking questions.

The names that have been mentioned that are still available are Kopp, Nickleberry, and Bates. I don't think any other names have been said to have been contacted by IU. 

Just now, ap2345 said:

The names that have been mentioned that are still available are Kopp, Nickleberry, and Bates. I don't think any other names have been said to have been contacted by IU. 

....some may not even be in the portal yet. It may be a long 3 or 4 weeks as many rosters continue to move in and out.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Yeah, that's why I think we're talking to more people either directly or indirectly or through back channels.