Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

Not surprised. There probably wasn't going to be much playing time available for him next year. It's not really that big of a loss, either. Brunk wasn't very good in conference play in 2020. He got abused on defense quite a bit. He shot under 50% from the field as a center in conference play and 34.5% from the free throw line. It's obviously nice to have depth, but if we were in a position where we were relying on him next year we would be in trouble anyway. 

23 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I'm just saying that only having TJD, Race, and Duncomb is a gamble. They need a 4th person that can play the 5 especially if Race still plays the 4 some which I still think he will at times. 

eh I don’t really agree. Having that many true 5s on your roster isn’t needed. We need more shooting from the 4 spot

Just now, VO5 said:

eh I don’t really agree. Having that many true 5’ on your roster isn’t needed. We need more shooting from the 4 spot

I agree. I changed my mind after doing a positional breakdown just now. Just get some dang shooters already 

1 minute ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

He sent out another tweet? Where?

It was the we not done yet tweet that he retweeted. Like I said, idk if it means we’re getting another player or what but it seems to have some significance that he would retweet it

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

eh I don’t really agree. Having that many true 5s on your roster isn’t needed. We need more shooting from the 4 spot

How many of those guys are "true" 5's though. I'm sorry, and maybe I'm just old, but I don't look at guys who are 6'8" or 6'9" as being "true 5's". Well, unless your name is Ray Tolbert.  :)

6 minutes ago, VO5 said:

It was the we not done yet tweet that he retweeted. Like I said, idk if it means we’re getting another player or what but it seems to have some significance that he would retweet it

Given the timing and lack of commitment from the portal, I think that the TJD retweet was simply saying that he was not done re-recruiting back last years players (Race had just committed and Armaan was still undecided then). 

I think we will add another player from the portal that can help (just a #'s thing, there are 1000+ players in the portal and maybe 100+ could help us), but I no longer think that TJD's tweet means we are going to land someone in particular (like Keion, as many thought at the time).

12 minutes ago, Trish said:

Jordan can play small ball five. I don't think we need another 4 or 5. We need shooting. 

Give me another SG. 

Kristian

Johnson / Rob

Parker / Trey

Race / Hunter

TJD / Jordan

Woody will stagger line-ups as well. 

I think it's a given we all wanted another wing. 

7 minutes ago, T White said:

How many of those guys are "true" 5's though. I'm sorry, and maybe I'm just old, but I don't look at guys who are 6'8" or 6'9" as being "true 5's". Well, unless your name is Ray Tolbert.  :)

The height isn't nearly as important as the skill level though. 

IDK, but I hate to lose Brunk.

I just don't see Race having the size to really play the in/5 for any duration. Sure, spot duty would be fine, but if TJD were to get hurt, or early foul trouble, we'd be hurtin' for certain. 

Race IMO needs to stick at 4 and develop a shot.

Hoping we can pick up a more natural 5 in the portal, or at least a bigger/stretch 4/5.

Just now, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I believe there are 2 spots open. Get 1 of each.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's correct. There are 2 available at this point in time. 

A little sad to see Brunk go. He sat out all of last season and still supported the team through the worst of it. He seemed like a guy who truly knew what it meant to be an Indiana Hoosier. More than anything, I was expecting he was going to be able to bring a senior-leadership mentality to the team. Now, I will say that it looks like TJD is trying to step into that leadership position, so maybe we'll be fine in that department. But there's a reason the Miami Heat still pays Udonis Haslem, and I can assure you it's not the numbers in the box score. Joey will be a valuable asset to whatever team he ends up playing for. Good luck!