Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

21 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I may be in the minority on this one but I’ve never been a once a Hoosier always a Hoosier when it comes to people leaving. If anyone doesn’t want to be here then ****’em and we’ll find someone who does. 

I don’t wish anything bad on anyone that leaves but I won’t spend a second caring about how they do either.

I feel the exact same way but didn’t want to say it, lol. I wish Armaan good health at Virginia but that’s it.

59 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Guess he loves those 50 point offensive juggernaut-type systems. Let’s see how long it takes mom to get frustrated with Bennett.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Franklin's going to UVA to perfect his pack line defense. 

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I feel the exact same way but didn’t want to say it, lol. I wish Armaan good health at Virginia but that’s it.

I guess I'm kinda old school in that type of thinking. I always keep track of what transfers are doing and hope they play well. 

7 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Obviously he saw P. Stewart shoot and figured the writing is on the wall, so he bolted.  TJD said the same thing.  

What did TJD say?

Our back court wasn't a strength last season.  We lost our two most productive players/shooters from that back court while adding Xavier Johnson and Parker Stewart and keeping the others that were less productive in that not-so-great back court from last season.  Hopefully, it's a net positive, by a lot, but I would have preferred to keep Franklin while adding those other two.  Our ceiling would have been much higher.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I don't root for many players that transfer away from IU, but I will definitely be a fan of Armaan at UVA. Great kid, excellent player, and a classy program.

Well said. I hate that he's leaving but he's going to a really good program. They're a top 25 team every year and will contend in the ACC. He did the best thing for him. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I just don’t really see the point, honestly. I don’t know Armaan personally. Never met the guy. I rooted for him because he played for the team I rooted for. Now he doesn’t play for them anymore. I didn’t pay attention to Justin Smith after he left, and I won’t pay attention to Franklin now either. 

I definitely won't be buying any Virginia gear or anything. But I'll keep track of what he's doing. I did the same for Smith. Did the same for Curtis Jones, Devin Davis, Hollowell, Perea, Jurkin, Hoetzel etc. Even Devan Dumes and Nick Williams. Never any ill will towards any of them. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Our back court wasn't a strength last season.  We lost our two most productive players/shooters from that back court while adding Xavier Johnson and Parker Stewart and keeping the others that were less productive in that not-so-great back court from last season.  Hopefully, it's a net positive, by a lot, but I would have preferred to keep Franklin while adding those other two.  Our ceiling would have been much higher.

Running an offense that the other team doesn't know better than our guys do might be one big positive regardless of the personnel on the floor.

Totally fine with him choosing what’s best for him. But the once a hoosier always a hoosier thing? Nah. He chose to leave here so that nullifies it

I will settle for being in the minority and agree to disagree.

I think we all consider Mo Creek a Hoosier to this day. He transferred too and did what he believed what was best for him. It does not nullify the time spent in the uniform or with his teammates or positive impact he had on the community while here.

I don’t get the negative view of transfers overall though. Students transfer all of the time. Sometimes it’s just not the right fit. Again, doesn’t nullify the time spent at the university/classes taken/friends met. I have lifelong friends I met at IU who transferred from other schools. They still root for those schools and consider themselves “Buckeyes/Flyers/Jaguars/Seminoles/etc”... along with being a Hoosier. It’s not exclusive.

But I digress. My opinion. Don’t have to agree!

I may be in the minority on this one but I’ve never been a once a Hoosier always a Hoosier when it comes to people leaving. If anyone doesn’t want to be here then ****’em and we’ll find someone who does. 

I don’t wish anything bad on anyone that leaves but I won’t spend a second caring about how they do either.
Yea once a hoosier always a hoosier would make Lawrence funderburke a hoosier and he most certainly is not a hoosier in my book lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wish the kid the best but I truly wonder what the deciding factor was for Franklin. I felt like there was so many positives going for him to return.

- Archie and his inept offense is gone

- His friends were all returning

- Coach Woodson is going to run a NBA style, up tempo offense. 

What in the world didn't he like? Was he loyal to Archie? 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

I wish the kid the best but I truly wonder what the deciding factor was for Franklin. I felt like there was so many positive

My guess he lost his starting spot 

Just now, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

I wish the kid the best but I truly wonder what the deciding factor was for Franklin. I felt like there was so many positive

With the additions of Stewart and Johnson and the maturation of Lander he would have to earn playing time? The “tough love” approach from Woody that we heard about being the deciding factor in TJD and Lander returning might not have worked on Armaan or his mom?

2 minutes ago, incrediboy said:

Running an offense that the other team doesn't know better than our guys do might be one big positive regardless of the personnel on the floor.

That definitely helps but even in that offense those players managed to miss wide open looks at a good clip.  I'm sure it's 100% mental an they'll all be over 40% next season.  If we want to compete at the top of the Big 1.0 we'll need depth at the guard position with like Armaan and Durham coming off the bench.  I like what Xavier Johnson brings to the team and think Parker Stewart will play a big role.  HOPEFULLY, Lander and Phinisee see an increase in percentage and production to give us solid depth.