Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

11 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Apparently Armaan was 99% gone if Archie came back

Kind of thought this might be the case. He pretty much fits exactly what Woodson wants, all his teammates came back, there is more life/excitement around the program than at any time during AF's 2 years here, yet he still leaves? Best of luck to him but he was never coming back for his junior season regardless of who the coach was. 

2 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Guess he loves those 50 point offensive juggernaut-type systems. Let’s see how long it takes mom to get frustrated with Bennett.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Are we really going to mock the guy that until Monday was the reigning champ?

I'm a little surprised Race is coming back, and a little surprised Franklin is leaving.

After thinking about it, we should be fine with Stewart and Johnson on top of our youth, and probably need Race back more than Franklin.

I appreciate Franklin's contributions to IU, but he's gone, and no longer a Hoosier. Buh bye.

I'm a little surprised Race is coming back, and a little surprised Franklin is leaving.
After thinking about it, we should be fine with Stewart and Johnson on top of our youth, and probably need Race back more than Franklin.
I appreciate Franklin's contributions to IU, but he's gone, and no longer a Hoosier. Buh bye.

Once a Hoosier, Always a Hoosier (unless you are Kelvin Sampson)

He made the decision that he believes is best for him. Good on Armaan. No ill will.

Wonder if Danes shot across the bow talking to DD about players being responsible about parents factored in. Not sure if it was directed at AF's mom, but they had to take notice with her propensity for voicing herself on social media. I real wish he would have wanted to stay at IU but now it's next man up.

1 minute ago, tomallenfan1 said:

Once a Hoosier, Always a Hoosier (unless you are Kelvin Sampson)

He made the decision that he believes is best for him. Good on Armaan. No ill will.

I have no ill will, but I also don't have "best wishes" for him. I'm fine with players leaving who got passed over and wish them well in finding a place they can play more......, but any player that leaves when they're a starter or primary contributor, well, that's another question. Again, no ill well, but he's no longer a Hoosier.

50 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Aren't those matchups determined by the conference standings from the previous year?

That was what they said when it started but in practice it hasn't been even close to that. IU has played Duke, UNC, and other top teams in the ACC even when IU wasn't very good. IU's parings in the challenge have been a joke.

42 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Add one if Brunk gives it a go.  We don’t need 14 guys.  I’m okay adding 2 if Brunk isn’t a go.  

It's 2 open scholarships regardless of if Brunk is on the team next year or not. He doesn't count toward the scholarship cap this season.

I really wanted him to stay but now that he's gone I'm kind of indifferent about it. It don't wish him ill but I also don't really care if he does well or not. That's pretty much how I look at everyone who transfers out, when they're gone I don't care one way or another how well they do.

5 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I may be in the minority on this one but I’ve never been a once a Hoosier always a Hoosier when it comes to people leaving. If anyone doesn’t want to be here then ****’em and we’ll find someone who does. 

I don’t wish anything bad on anyone that leaves but I won’t spend a second caring about how they do either.

I agree, unless they leave for the NBA. Players getting drafted is good for the program.

Well the strength of last years team was the front court and the weakness the backcourt. The front court is the same and the backcourt will look completely different. That is necessary for this team to get a lot better.

I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Have to say this one hurts, but I can only be thankful for the time and effort Armaan put in while being here. Last year would have been a lot worse without him. He's made the best decision for HIS career. As fans of the Indiana Hoosiers, we can feel a little hurt that he's chosen to move on, but let's not take it too personal. UVA got a good one.