Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

There's going to be some guys unhappy with their minutes on this team if we field a 14 man roster. Be interesting to see the rotations because I very seriously doubt it'll be 14 or even 11 if you want to contend that Leal, Galloway and Duncomb would be understanding

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

My starting 5 based off the current roster that is probably going to change again at any moment lol...

PG Lander

G Johnson

G Stewart

F Hunter

C TJD

Bench in order: Phinisee, Race, Geronimo playing the lion's share of the minutes off the bench. The other get minutes based of situations and needs. 

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

There's going to be some guys unhappy with their minutes on this team if we field a 14 man roster. Be interesting to see the rotations because I very seriously doubt it'll be 14 or even 11 if you want to contend that Leal, Galloway and Duncomb would be understanding

Who cares. It’s better than not having enough talent and then dealing with injuries because the coach decided to pocket some scholarships. 

KRISTIAN

PARKER

HUNTER

RACE

TJD

Everyone is 6'5" and above. Parker, Kristian, and Hunter can't play defense right now but let's see if Woodson can teach them how to shoot and how to defend. 

EDIT: Wait, I thought Kristian was 6'5"? He'll have a growth spurt this summer, I'm confident about that! 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

My starting 5 based off the current roster that is probably going to change again at any moment lol...

PG Lander

G Johnson

G Stewart

F Hunter

C TJD

Bench in order: Phinisee, Race, Geronimo playing the lion's share of the minutes off the bench. The other get minutes based of situations and needs. 

Considering Trayce just said we are not done yet again... My guess is you might want to hold off on the lineups. 

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Going to be no matter what.  13-14 man roster.  8 see significant minutes.  maybe 10.  3 or 4 will be left out.  we will have to get used this cycle I think if we go back to fielding 13 man teams.  

Who cares. It’s better than not having enough talent and then dealing with injuries because the coach decided to pocket some scholarships. 
Players not getting minutes are likely the one's to care. Me personally? No I don't care

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

PG Lander

G Johnson

G Stewart

F Hunter

C TJD

I’m not sure if Woody is going to start three guards. I think it really comes down to player development over the summer and fall, though.  If Thompson can consistently shoot jumpers then I could see a Johnson/Stewart/Hunter/Thompson/TJD starting lineup. One good thing is I think he will adjust his system to the players on our team instead of pigeon holing players like a certain IU coach we had a month ago. 

5 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'd throw Brunk in there as well. I don't Brunk, Trey, and Leal getting the minutes they have had in the past. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m not sure if Woody is going to start three guards. I think it really comes down to player development over the summer and fall, though.  If Thompson can consistently shoot jumpers then I could see a Johnson/Stewart/Hunter/Thompson/TJD starting lineup. One good thing is I think he will adjust his system to the players on our team instead of pigeon holing players like a certain IU coach we had a month ago. 

I think Johnson and TJD are the only two I'd put money on to start. You are right. The rest will be determined over the offseason. Race 100% starts if he develops a shot.