Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

6 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Man I’m really hoping that Armaan gets some FOMO with everyone coming back and decides to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Will we have any spots left if he does for one more transfer?

Good for Race.  Good for us.  I think this puts water on the Keion Brooks thoughts.

I worry about shooting.   We have 3 new bloods.  1 is a shooter.  1 is kinda a shooter.  The rest of the team is mostly returning maybe without our "best" 3 point shooter.  That's my concern.

8 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Man I’m really hoping that Armaan gets some FOMO with everyone coming back and decides to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I hope he comes back but he has good schools after him and who knows how he views the additions of Stewart and Johnson and the probability that Lander will play a lot more. I realize Al left but those are still a lot of potential minutes “up in the air”.

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Why doesn't he count?

Seniors get an extra year of eligibility due to Covid. Only applies to Seniors and it's just for this year.

At least...I think it only applies to Seniors.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Why doesn't he count?

If a SR is taking an extra COVID year, and is staying at the same school, they don't count against the scholarship limits so schools aren't forced to pull other committed scholarships

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Good for Race.  Good for us.  I think this puts water on the Keion Brooks thoughts.

I worry about shooting.   We have 3 new bloods.  1 is a shooter.  1 is kinda a shooter.  The rest of the team is mostly returning maybe without our "best" 3 point shooter.  That's my concern.

Maybe Brooks would come in and be our starting 3? He can’t really shoot so that’s be a problem. But unless Woody is going to have a three guard starting lineup, Hunter is really the only 3 on our roster.  Geronimo is that size too but not sure on his wing skills at this point. 

1 minute ago, Myrmidon76 said:

Seniors get an extra year of eligibility due to Covid. Only applies to Seniors and it's just for this year.

At least...I think it only applies to Seniors.

Just to add to this:

Everyone gets an extra year of eligibility. If seniors return for an extra year at their current school they don’t count in the scholarship numbers. However, a senior who transfers (Al at Providence) will count towards the scholarship numbers. 

10 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

Potentially the best roster we've had in how long?

Certainly the best roster a new coach has had at IU since Sampson. Maybe I'm greedy but I get the feeling it is going to get even better, possibly with another addition but certainly with player improvement. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Maybe Brooks would come in and be our starting 3? He can’t really shoot so that’s be a problem. But unless Woody is going to have a three guard starting lineup, Hunter is really the only 3 on our roster.  

I count Trey as a 3