Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

Just now, goonaha said:

Doubling down on this take despite zero evidence is certainly a choice. 

I work with athletes and have been around college athletes. I know how they think in most cases. If you haven't noticed his mom does like the attention on social media. 

7 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I don't think the transfer rankings accurately reflect Franklin because there were only a few games last year of Armaan playing at full strength. What he flashed in those games is tremendous upside though. He was not a volume shooter, so it was not a case of putting up stats on a bad team. He was the only guy who could reliably score from deep, mid-range, and in the lane. He was the only guy you could give the ball to and expect him to make a play either for himself or for others. I'm excited about Xavier Johnson, but I expect Franklin to be better than him.

Do the injuries not concern you?  Seems like he's hurt each year for at least a handful of games. 

From Peegs it looks like UVA 

Don’t most players focus on improving their offensive potential when looking to transfer? I won’t pretend to know anything about UVA’s upcoming roster outlook, but if that’s a focus for him it seems like a lateral move based purely on the systems aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Don’t most players focus on improving their offensive potential when looking to transfer? I won’t pretend to know anything about UVA’s upcoming roster outlook, but if that’s a focus for him it seems like a lateral move.

Just guessing but I'd guarantee that Franklin has Kyle Guy in his ear about going to UVA. 

10 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I work with athletes and have been around college athletes. I know how they think in most cases. If you haven't noticed his mom does like the attention on social media. 

She's definitely getting a lot of attention on her happy easter retweets from the last week. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Do the injuries not concern you?  Seems like he's hurt each year for at least a handful of games. 

Not really. I don't look at a rolled ankle as a sign of somebody being injury prone. He never really gave himself adequate time to recover and thus played the whole season compromised. I don't know if that helped contribute to his foot injury, but neither of those are too concerning to me. 

5 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Don’t most players focus on improving their offensive potential when looking to transfer? I won’t pretend to know anything about UVA’s upcoming roster outlook, but if that’s a focus for him it seems like a lateral move based purely on the systems aspect.

Virginia doesn't have an exciting offense, but they've got a number of guards/wings in the NBA. I'm guessing they're pitching him on developing into a Brogdon type player.

Just now, ap2345 said:

I really doubt that she likes that this IU staff is planning on clamping down on parents and social media. 

She's smart enough to understand the issues that can arise from social media.

Just now, Free Jurkin! said:

Virginia doesn't have an exciting offense, but they've got a number of guards/wings in the NBA. I'm guessing they're pitching him on developing into a Brogdon type player.

Plus Armaan showed that he can succeed in a similar style. He does well in the packline and managed to put up decent numbers in an offense that was atrocious. No reason to think he wouldn’t be successful at Virginia. 

51 minutes ago, goonaha said:

He also averaged 43% from 3 on high volume. That's not easy to replace. It's a big loss.

3.9 threes a game isn’t high volume. Phinisee and Durham took about as many threes as Franklin last year. Parker Stewart shot over twice as many a game at UT Martin. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

3.9 threes a game isn’t high volume. Phinisee and Durham took about as many threes as Franklin last year. Parker Stewart shot over twice as many a game at UT Martin. 

Considering the team only averaged 18 attempts a game, I do think it's high volume. You're free to disagree. We weren't exactly a high flying offense. 

Just now, btownqb said:

is there a connection?

I guarantee that they know each other in one way or the other since both are from Indy. I guarantee that they've been in some kind of contact. 

2 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Considering the team only averaged 18 attempts a game, I do think it's high volume. You're free to disagree. We weren't exactly a high flying offense. 

300 D1 teams took more threes a game last year. Shooting the most threes (by 0.1) on a very low volume three point shooting team doesn’t make you a high volume three point shooter. 3.9 a game isn’t high volume for a shooting guard in college basketball today. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

300 D1 teams took more threes a game last year. Shooting the most threes (by 0.1) on a very low volume three point shooting team doesn’t make you a high volume three point shooter. 3.9 a game isn’t high volume for a shooting guard in college basketball today. 

Ok, he's not a good shooter and 85 shots isn't enough sample size to make any assessments on. Let's kick him to the curb as he's easily replaceable because there's so many kids in the portal that are good shooters and play good defense. Happy now?