Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

42 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Franklin averaged 11 ppg on a 12 win team. He was good not great. He can be replaced and IU is still talking to other capable guards that are interested. IU will be just fine. 

He also averaged 43% from 3 on high volume. That's not easy to replace. It's a big loss.

Franklin is clearly a worker and has proven willing to spend time on his own getting better.  That is the part we would miss the most. I also kind of wonder if he saw how the others came back about the same as they were and wondered if felt they had different willingness to do what it takes to get better.  

We made a club change in soccer recently for that reason.  Loved the old team and the kids/parents but a few of the kids have college aspirations and put in a lot of individual training whereas others did not.  AF is probably weighing the talk about building that here vs provable results elsewhere.  

Franklin averaged 11 ppg on a 12 win team. He was good not great. He can be replaced and IU is still talking to other capable guards that are interested. IU will be just fine. 

I think Franklin would have been closer to 14-15 PPG if he hadn't been hurt most of the season. Also, considering the huge jump from year 1 to year 2, there's reason to believe he can make another leap. I agree that there are other guys we can get who will help, but I think losing Franklin would be a significant blow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I think Franklin would have been closer to 14-15 PPG if he hadn't been hurt most of the season. Also, considering the huge jump from year 1 to year 2, there's reason to believe he can make another leap. I agree that there are other guys we can get who will help, but I think losing Franklin would be a significant blow

+1

There is a reason that UVA and Illinois are recruiting him.

Agree. I also think that it will help him significantly by not being in Archie's inept offense. 

Somebody has to score on a bad team. I agree he was good but if people take off the crimson colored glasses he's not irreplaceable. If you look at the transfer market rankings he's not thought of that highly in those either. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

They like the attention

I don't think so.... 

It can be hard to make decisions when you have good options in front of you. Franklin should take the time he needs to make the choice he feels comfortable with. In my opinion, the longer it takes, the better our chances become.

Just now, ap2345 said:

Somebody has to score on a bad team. I agree he was good but if people take off the crimson colored glasses he's not irreplaceable. If you look at the transfer market rankings he's not thought of that highly in those either. 

I don't think the transfer rankings accurately reflect Franklin because there were only a few games last year of Armaan playing at full strength. What he flashed in those games is tremendous upside though. He was not a volume shooter, so it was not a case of putting up stats on a bad team. He was the only guy who could reliably score from deep, mid-range, and in the lane. He was the only guy you could give the ball to and expect him to make a play either for himself or for others. I'm excited about Xavier Johnson, but I expect Franklin to be better than him.

2 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Or maybe major life decisions are stressful and not everyone makes them instantaneously. For a guy who supposedly loves attention, he has been very quiet in the press and social media. 

It might not be him exactly that's dragging this out. In most cases the athletes like getting attention from coaches even if it's not from social media and press. 

2 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

I don't think so.... 

It can be hard to make decisions when you have good options in front of you. Franklin should take the time he needs to make the choice he feels comfortable with. In my opinion, the longer it takes, the better our chances become.

Did I say Franklin. NO