Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

I know I keep saying it, but to me Race is athletic enough to play the 4 in Woodson's scheme. He can guard at least 3-5, and some 2s as well on a switch. And he was reputed to have good range on his shot, although we haven't seen it much since he arrived.

I think he'd be a more effective 4 against a number of B1G teams in 2021-22 than would Geronimo or Brooks.

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If he can’t hit the 3 at least at a 33% clip not sure he will be able to get minutes here.  You have to be able to hit the 3 in modern basketball 

Yep, and that's why IU sucked the last couple of years, because they couldn't hit an open shot. 

I'm skeptical that they will become much better over a single offseason. IU needs to recruit a couple of shooters. Hopefully Parker is one of those guys, but whether or not Aarman comes back, CMW needs to find another shooter.

46 minutes ago, PB1230 said:

Truthfully, I wouldn't get too tied up in Woody's stated preference for a 4-1 offensive scheme. The 4-1 scheme is something that IU will certainly work towards, especially with recruiting, and we will probably see at least some elements of it this year, but Woody wants to win now will put the best lineups on the floor, regardless of scheme. So if Race does come back, we could see a lot of Race and TJD at the same time if that's one of IU's better lineups

Plus, Race does have a decent outside shot, so we could probably run some hybrid of a 4-1 (3.5-1.5 :) ) with Race playing a little more outside than we are used to seeing, especially if his shooting continues to improve

I thought this EXACT thing last night, so it must be brilliant! I was envisioning Race at the elbow or baseline opposite Trayce. Still plenty of room for spacing, strong rebounding and ability to defend B1G teams.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That’s EXACTLY what it means.

I am longing for the days when a road team comes to Assembly Hall already expecting to lose.

I need to see other teams’ fans complaining about the ‘Hall of Calls’ because the refs are intimidated.

I want to see us run run run.

I want to see us foul hard and bring in fresh, tough bodies when we do.

I want to see a defensive feeding frenzy.

I want to see the other team’s coach T’d up out of pure frustration.

I want the bottom of the B1G to be steamrolled, and the top to be worried.

When we lose games, I never want us to sad or level headed afterwards. I want us to be angry.

For other teams? “It’s not gon be sweet.”

Damn, son...HOO-AAH!