Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Rabjohns stated Race odds to return are rising. That’s honestly surprising to me but I will take it if he wants to be back

I can see it. With the X-factor and if Armaan comes back we become a team that can actually win in the tournament next year.

Minn is going to stink anyway... why slog through the bad years only to miss out on IU's coming out party?

7 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Rabjohns stated Race odds to return are rising. That’s honestly surprising to me but I will take it if he wants to be back

With Minnesota (his most likely transfer spot) being in some disarray with an underwhelming HC hire and a several transfers, it probably puts IU back in the running, especially with all of IU's returnees and now a big transfer in XJ

7 minutes ago, PB1230 said:

Truthfully, I wouldn't get too tied up in Woody's stated preference for a 4-1 offensive scheme. The 4-1 scheme is something that IU will certainly work towards, especially with recruiting, and we will probably see at least some elements of it this year, but Woody wants to win now will put the best lineups on the floor, regardless of scheme. So if Race does come back, we could see a lot of Race and TJD at the same time if that's one of IU's better lineups

Plus, Race does have a decent outside shot, so we could probably run some hybrid of a 4-1 (3.5-1.5 :) ) with Race playing a little more outside than we are used to seeing, especially if his shooting continues to improve

Yes, if he is a good coach, and many people who have worked with him or played for him says he is, then he should be able to adjust his scheme to the players that he has. Flexibility is desirable in coach, not the rigidness we saw for the last 4 years.

21 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Race is a dude that you love to have on your team, add in the fact that he could really grow under Woodson and boy it’s exciting to potentially have him back in the fold

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep, Race is the kind of junkyard dog player who is necessary to win in the Big Ten.

1 minute ago, HoosierBoiler said:

TJD,Hunter,Race,Brooks,Duncomb,

Geronimo 

Lander,X Johnson,Stewart,Rob,Franklin 

Leal,Galloway 

Brunk

How many scholarships do we get?

13 but Brunk does count towards the limit - SR taking additional COVID year without transferring