Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

Race is going to get to paly 40 minutes a game for Minnesota at this rate. They're not going to have any players left. I get wanting to play closer to home, but next year looks like it might be pretty rough for Minnesota. He'd have a better chance of playing in the tournament at IU.  

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Race is going to get to paly 40 minutes a game for Minnesota at this rate. They're not going to have any players yet. I get wanting to play closer to home, but next year looks like it might be pretty rough for Minnesota. He'd have a better chance of playing in the tournament at IU.  

That's probably his decision in a nutshell. "Do I want to play 30 minutes a game on a bad Minnesota team or maybe 15ish on a decent IU team?" He averaged 28 a game last year. No way he gets near that this year. That's nothing against him, just the style it sounds like Woodson is going to play. He for sure would be the top big off the bench ahead of Duncomb and Brunk. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Race is going to get to paly 40 minutes a game for Minnesota at this rate. They're not going to have any players left. I get wanting to play closer to home, but next year looks like it might be pretty rough for Minnesota. He'd have a better chance of playing in the tournament at IU.  

Nothing against Race but he's not playing 40 minutes a game if he transfers to Evansville. Just not in that kind of shape or can't go without getting injured to play 40 minutes a game

17 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Really want Xavier. He is the type of pg we’ve been lacking. I’m not real confident he comes here with Lander and Rob already on the roster.

I think he plays over Lander and Rob; Armaan may be the only guard that could get more minutes than him in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

I personally would be surprised, at this point, if Franklin came back. I think he's deciding between a couple of other schools. 

It will be nice when CMW convinces another shooter to come to IU from the portal. 

Agreed, I will be really surprised if he comes back now. Seems to no longer be "if" but "where" he's going. 

14 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

I personally would be surprised, at this point, if Franklin came back. I think he's deciding between a couple of other schools. 

It will be nice when CMW convinces another shooter to come to IU from the portal. 

Agree.  Time to move on from him and get us some playas.  

I realize these are big decisions, and these are 20- and 21-year old kids, but it seems as if they should have enough information by now to at least determine if they're staying at IU or if they're moving on. 

If they're leaving, maybe they haven't picked a school yet -- but it just seems as if it would be best for themselves and for the program if they'd at least let the staff know if they plan to be in Bloomington this fall.

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

I realize these are big decisions, and these are 20- and 21-year old kids, but it seems as if they should have enough information by now to at least determine if they're staying at IU or if they're moving on. 

If they're leaving, maybe they haven't picked a school yet -- but it just seems as if it would be best for themselves and for the program if they'd at least let the staff know if they plan to be in Bloomington this fall.

We don’t know that they didn’t. Dolson runs a pretty tight ship.