Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

4 minutes ago, Papacap said:

One if Race and Franklin come back, correct? So if more players want to commit, then bye Franklin and Race.

I believe that Brunk's spot wouldn't count since he would have been a senior last year.  This upcoming year I believe last year's seniors don't count against the 13 cap.

2 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

So do all players get an extra year? Last year was basically a free year for everyone but scholarship numbers will look normal after next year?

Correct. Scholarship numbers don’t count for seniors staying at the same school. Brunk wouldn’t count against IU but Durham sill count against Providence total. Everyone else on the roster essentially received a redshirt for last year. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

They all met with Coach Woodson yesterday afternoon one on one for the 2nd time. So he met with them last Monday, then they had all week to meet with teams, then he had the last meeting with them yesterday. That is why we heard about Lander and Jordan. They told him they were coming back in their meeting. So makes me believe we hear something today

That sounds perfectly reasonable.  They've heard what Woodson has to say and from potential destinations.  Ample tme to make a decision has been given.  

Doesn't do either side any good to drag it out.  If they're coming back, Woody can start spending some time evaluating the '22 and '23 classes.  If they're not, he focuses on filling out his roster for the upcoming season through the portal.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

They all met with Coach Woodson yesterday afternoon one on one for the 2nd time. So he met with them last Monday, then they had all week to meet with teams, then he had the last meeting with them yesterday. That is why we heard about Lander and Jordan. They told him they were coming back in their meeting. So makes me believe we hear something today

Thanks for sharing. It's the best interest for both parties to decide sooner than later. What we need is a strong unit that fully buys in what CMW wants to do. 

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Gut feeling: 

Thompson-Gone

Franklin- Stays. I think our chance increases with Johnson if Franklin leaves. If Franklin stays, I'm not sure.