Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

You know who didn't get booed?  Max Biefeldt.  But that was because Belein basically ran him out, choosing to not let him use a redshirt season and get his fifth year there.

As you said, entirely different situations.

He will get booed. As he definitely should

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

You know who didn't get booed?  Max Biefeldt.  But that was because Belein basically ran him out, choosing to not let him use a redshirt season and get his fifth year there.

Biefeldt was great for us, but Michigan fans probably forgot he had been on their team by the time they played us. He only played 9 minutes a game over his three years for them. I guess I'll amend my previous statement - when one of your starters leaves your school to join an in-conference rival, you gotta boo him. I don't think the fans should hurl insults at him or what not, but a healthy string of boos throughout the Hall would be perfectly fine, imo. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Biefeldt was great for us, but Michigan fans probably forgot he had been on their team by the time they played us. He only played 9 minutes a game over his three years for them. I guess I'll amend my previous statement - when one of your starters leaves your school to join an in-conference rival, you gotta boo him. I don't think the fans should hurl insults at him or what not, but a healthy string of boos throughout the Hall would be perfectly fine, imo. 

Biefeldt wasn't booed by Michigan fans for a couple of reasons:  1.  They LOVED him -- there used to be threads on the Michigan board dedicated to his huge calves, LOL.  He was an underdog type of player there -- redshirted as a freshman, mop up minutes the next two years, and then his last year there he was in their rotation getting 14 1/2 mpg.  The second reason is the bigger of the two, though, and that it's  2.  He was forced out and his scholarship was pulled as opposed to transferring on his own.  It was really a pretty shitty situation, kind of like the Matt Roth situation here.  In the end, the scholarship that Belien pulled was one given to Mo Wagner, so he probably knew what he was doing.

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

Just for a general note Rabjohns has stated that AF was pretty much gone if Archie was retained so the fact that we have a chance here is even further evidence that Woodson is making an impact

Interesting, I missed that. So perhaps the longer this goes the better for us.  

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Interesting, I missed that. So perhaps the longer this goes the better for us.  

Until he waits too long and loses his spot. If I’m Woodson, I’m not waiting around for Franklin to make a decision if another player wants on board.

You have to boo a kid if he leaves your school to join an in-conference rival. Sorry, I don't make the rules. I'd be disappointed in our fans if they didn't boo, tbh. Can't be getting soft now. 

Hundred percent. Can’t start on a mid-conference team, transfer to the defending champs, and expect everybody to be thanking you upon your return. Crimson Guard will let him hear it, as they should.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, Papacap said:

Until he waits too long and loses his spot. If I’m Woodson, I’m not waiting around for Franklin to make a decision if another player wants on board.

Me either. Hoping we have some high end guys like Xavier ready to come soon. He seems to be waiting too. 

16 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Just for a general note Rabjohns has stated that AF was pretty much gone if Archie was retained so the fact that we have a chance here is even further evidence that Woodson is making an impact

Wonder if this contributed at all to the number of games he missed with his injury -- maybe not wanting risk hurting himself to try to help save a coach's job he didn't like.

Anyway, as I've said, I hope he returns.  If he doesn't, then I wish him no ill will as he is doing what he feels is best for himself....we just need to move on and see what we can fill his spot with.  I do like having Parker Stewart already in house.

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

Me either. Hoping we have some high end guys like Xavier ready to come soon. He seems to be waiting too. 

Saw either in this thread or somewhere else that Xavier wants to make a decision within a week. If he wants to come but Franklin hasn't given Woodson an answer yet then you gotta take Xavier, imo. Franklin is a real solid player, but he's not TJD. You can't pass up other guys while you're waiting on him. 

20 minutes ago, VO5 said:

That's not surprising considering that from the TDH article it appears Miller had no part of Franklin's considerable improvement during the season. Plus the terrible offense and lack of wins.

I think at least 1/2 the was gone if Miller had been retained. 

23 minutes ago, VO5 said:

We probably wouldn't have had a team next year if Archie had come back. It sounds like literally everyone on the team was done with him. Woody coming in and getting so many guys to say is a giant indictment of Archie. 

Saw either in this thread or somewhere else that Xavier wants to make a decision within a week. If he wants to come but Franklin hasn't given Woodson an answer yet then you gotta take Xavier, imo. Franklin is a real solid player, but he's not TJD. You can't pass up other guys while you're waiting on him. 

Xavier’s better IMO, love Armaan but **** waiting for his decision when a better player looms.

Xavier’s better IMO, love Armaan but **** waiting for his decision when a better player looms.

Looked up his game log, 32 bomb against VT and 23 on Cuse. 21 against NW and 27 against Drexel too.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

We have plenty of spots 

One if Race and Franklin come back, correct? So if more players want to commit, then bye Franklin and Race.

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

With Baylor as one of his finalists we may not be his top choice.