Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

Just now, Hoosierfan0302 said:

I would hate to be Armaan coming into Assembly Hall in a Illini uniform. That would be brutal !! That May rival the treatment Sean May received when he visited Assembly Hall .

Remember when Recker came in wearing an Iowa uniform?

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

I would hate to be Armaan coming into Assembly Hall in a Illini uniform. That would be brutal !! That May rival the treatment Sean May received when he visited Assembly Hall .

It would get ugly. I don't think people should be personal about it but sure give him a little hell.

29 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Where’s this from?

The IU brand, and wins, will get IU in the door, always have. But you can also see a situation develop where the assistants really beat the bushes and Woodson is a killer closer. Kids like the pro connection and the scheme, parents trust him.

Jim Coyle tweeted it.  I guess Coyle must have interviewed him.

I am just guessing but I bet everyone we didn't here from today are leaving just a guess. I am ok with it if so. We will get some good transfers I bet we get brooks. I am not big on him but will be interested to see how he develops at iu and if he can make a huge jump under Woodson that will only help for the future

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Armaan has been very well liked at IU.

If our team is doing well I don’t think Armaan will take all that much heat.

I would be very surprised if the fans didn't boo him. He might be well liked by the team, but an IU player transferring to an in-conference rival is not gonna go over well among the fanbase. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

The fans in Assembly Hall will be relentless!!. The fans don’t t forget things like that . 

Hopefully he makes the right decision and does not have to worry about it.

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

I think the initial response would be brutal. However, I think Coach Woodson would intervene much like Coach K stopping the overrated chant that the Duke students were giving to Romeo. I don’t expect him to be the second coming of Bob Knight, but Coach Knight had control of Assembly Hall. I’ve seen him take the microphone at the scorers bench and tell the crowd to stop chanting. 
I sure hope Armaan decides return. 

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Remember how the Gordon's was treated at UI and hope our fans wouldn't stoop to their level

Yeah, I wish Franklin no ill well regardless of his decision.  Life's too short for that.

The way the Illinois PLAYERS treated Gordon was horseshit.....remember them bumping him in the pregame handshake?  Loved that when he played at Illinois that we won on a lucky Gordon bank-in three.  Served them right.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You have to boo a kid if he leaves your school to join an in-conference rival. Sorry, I don't make the rules. I'd be disappointed in our fans if they didn't boo, tbh. Can't be getting soft now. 

You know who didn't get booed?  Max Biefeldt.  But that was because Belein basically ran him out, choosing to not let him use a redshirt season and get his fifth year there.