Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

23 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Khristian Lander's father:  "I almost got emotional because I knew he was staying.  I knew 5 minutes into the meeting (with Mike Woodson)."

Wow.

Where’s this from?

The IU brand, and wins, will get IU in the door, always have. But you can also see a situation develop where the assistants really beat the bushes and Woodson is a killer closer. Kids like the pro connection and the scheme, parents trust him.

9 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Doing this for fun but my guess at a lineup based on players we know are coming back. Obviously more changes will come. 

PG Khristian Lander
G Rob Phinisee
G Parker Stewart
F Jerome Hunter
C Trayce Jackson-Davis

Bench in order: Geronimo, Duncomb, Galloway, Leal, Brunk

Franklin starts if he comes back. I think he would take Phinisee's spot and Rob would be our 6th man. Still have a lot of work to do. Not sure I'm confident in the bench with Galloway, Leal, and Brunk. Right now I say this is a tournament team. But not sure if they go far. Need a guy like Armaan back or a couple big transfers. 

Ahhh...no.

I believe Woody has made it clear that he values length more than a little bit. 

Our starters will most certainly be a set of players taller than that set.

3 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

My selfish @$$ only wants Baylor to win to keep the '76 streak alive.

I know records are meant to be broken, the "76 players say they would be ok with it..

I ain't... anyone else?

Heck no. Maybe if we were good. 

I know records are meant to be broken, the "76 players say they would be ok with it..

I ain't... anyone else?

I always root against anyone that’s undefeated!! Let’s go Baylor!!

I ain't... anyone else?

I’m really struggling with who to root for. Baylor’s athletics department is really scummy and Scott Drew seems like the king of scummy. I’m not sure how much I care about the undefeated stuff. Gonzaga is fun to watch. 

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Ahhh...no.

I believe Woody has made it clear that he values length more than a little bit. 

Our starters will most certainly be a set of players taller than that set.

I hope. Hence the comment changes coming. That's why a guy like Keion Brooks would be nice to have. Hope at least 4 of the guys on the floor are a three point threat. Also, Stewart isn't a midget. He's 6'5. 

Just now, Hoosierfan0302 said:

So it sounds like the Illinois staff is still confident that Armaan will not be going back to Indiana . I hope he stays but the longer this goes the less I . See him coming back .

Where you seeing this?

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

So it sounds like the Illinois staff is still confident that Armaan will not be going back to Indiana . I hope he stays but the longer this goes the less I . See him coming back .

At this point I don't care as much if he doesn't come back. I'm confident that Woody will find someone else whether it be Xavier Johnson, Locke, or another portal kid. Would I like him back? Hell yes. Thought he would be this teams second best player. But if he doesn't want to be here...

46 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Khristian Lander's father:  "I almost got emotional because I knew he was staying.  I knew 5 minutes into the meeting (with Mike Woodson)."

Wow.

Where is this quote from?

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

IF he goes to the Illini, he'll be that player that will stick it in our hearts when we play them... grrrr