Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Man, I run (drove, actually) to Kroger's and when I get back, I see we've re-added Jordan Geronimo to the mix. 

Honestly, of all our guys who went into the portal, he's the one I figured was most likely to go -- given his mom's comments about how the first time it was his decision and this time, it was gonna be her decision. 

Fantastic news! Such potential. 

Based on that and TJD's quotes on his process, Woody is good at talking to parents.

29 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Let's also remember that squad was predicted to finish upper half of B1G by most major outlets, easily in the tournament, and started the season ranked 26 in Kenpom. Coaching matters. Not saying its a FF team, but expectations can and should be high with this amount of returning talent. Potential inbound transfers notwithstanding. 

There were 11 games last year, that we could have won if we hit 3 more 3 pts. 4 games with only 2 more. 12-15 could have very easily been much much different. There is a base here to start from, I'm confident.  (yes I know if and buts... ) BUT. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I mix work in throughout the day. I will say not a lot of work has gotten done in the 2nd half of the day. My wife did text me and said I don't care if Lebron announces he's coming to IU, you have yard work to do tonight

Well tell her from me, I will mow your lawn in my Borat-kini if Lebron comes and you break the news.

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Almost like it shouldn’t take 4 years to start getting a program going 

I know football's a total different animal. But when you look at what Joe Tiller did at PU, it's pretty remarkable. And proves a coach can make a difference. It's not like he signed a bunch of blue-chippers in his one offseason. 

1992    Jim Colletto    4-7
1993    Jim Colletto    1-10
1994    Jim Colletto    4-5-2
1995    Jim Colletto    4-6-1
1996    Jim Colletto    3-8
1997    Joe Tiller         9-3

Just now, madmax said:

Will this team likely hang a banner? Probably not. But the pieces are 100% there for a top 25 team and a win or two in the tournament. Who knows what will happen, and obviously there is a lot left to unfold, but there is no reason not to be excited.

I agree. In addition to the talent, I like how many guys have a thing or two to prove. Gonna be fun to watch a team with a chip on its shoulder.