Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

5 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I think we should pump the brakes a bit on being really good. There is certainly reason to believe that based on some development and a new system but let's remember all of the players we have on the roster now we're on a 12-15 team. That said I'm happy they are all buying in and coming back. Not trying to be a dumper but trying to keep expectations in check a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Let's also remember that squad was predicted to finish upper half of B1G by most major outlets, easily in the tournament, and started the season ranked 26 in Kenpom. Coaching matters. Not saying its a FF team, but expectations can and should be high with this amount of returning talent. Potential inbound transfers notwithstanding. 

8 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I think we should pump the brakes a bit on being really good. There is certainly reason to believe that based on some development and a new system but let's remember all of the players we have on the roster now we're on a 12-15 team. That said I'm happy they are all buying in and coming back. Not trying to be a dumper but trying to keep expectations in check a bit.

That’s fair, but IMO coaching was a big reason why we stunk last year. We looked like we had no idea what we were doing on offense. The players looked like they hated being there. And even stinking last year we were solidly in the tournament until we collapsed at the end of the season. I’m not expecting a title contender or anything but there’s no reason we shouldn’t be a tournament team next year. We have talented guys coming back and coaching should be an improvement too. An improved culture can go a long ways for a team like we’ve seen with IU football.

Hearing good things about Geronimo returning. Hopefully that pans out.

I asked the same source who notified me of this and they do not have a peg on which way Armaan is leaning FYI. Although they did say expect an announcement one way or another fairly soon (didn’t specify on time but I am assuming next day or so)

1 minute ago, tomallenfan1 said:

I asked the same source who notified me of this and they do not have a peg on which way Armaan is leaning FYI. Although they did say expect an announcement one way or another fairly soon (didn’t specify on time but I am assuming next day or so)

What about Race?

8 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I think the roster had the talent to be a 20 win team, but just couldn't get on track

Just now, OKHOOSIER said:

Let's also remember that squad was predicted to finish upper half of B1G by most major outlets, easily in the tournament, and started the season ranked 26 in Kenpom. Coaching matters. Not saying its a FF team, but expectations can and should be high with this amount of returning talent. Potential inbound transfers notwithstanding. 

Yes, there is more reason for optimism than not, IMO. This team could have easily been 16-11 with just a few more shots falling, which would have likely put them firmly in the bubble. Stewart will, by several reports, be a strong addition. Plus the BIG will not be nearly as strong next year. 

That’s fair, but IMO coaching was a big reason why we stunk last year. We looked like we had no idea what we were doing on offense. The players looked like they hated being there. And even stinking last year we were solidly in the tournament until we collapsed at the end of the season. I’m not expecting a title contender or anything but there’s no reason we shouldn’t be a tournament team next year. We have talented guys coming back and coaching should be an improvement too. An improved culture can go a long ways for a team like we’ve seen with IU football.
Oh tournament team is absolutely a fair expectation. I guess it's all relative to what people think is really good. To me a really good year at IU is within a couple games of B1G title and top 4 seed in tournament. After our previous 5 seasons I can understand if someone's really good is being top half and 8-9 seed in tournament. I'm not down on anything, to be clear, guys and I have optimism we'll be better

Just now, Demo said:

I think the rest of these kids see schematic changes that move toward their skill sets. Race would be perfectly reasonable to see changes that move away from his. Not easy to see a fit for him. 

Completely agree. Especially with Brunk and Duncomb joining the mix.

Man, I run (drove, actually) to Kroger's and when I get back, I see we've re-added Jordan Geronimo to the mix. 

Honestly, of all our guys who went into the portal, he's the one I figured was most likely to go -- given his mom's comments about how the first time it was his decision and this time, it was gonna be her decision. 

Fantastic news! Such potential.