Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

30 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Illinois “insiders” are hinting that Franklin is coming to Illinois. But I haven’t seen any confirmation of a meeting taking place

https://www.illinoisloyalty.com/post/illinois-hoops-recruiting-thread.26469/page-20

They expect an announcement in 24 hours too

Wouldn't really be happy with him going to another Big10 team. I don't mind when players leave to find a better situation, but I do mind when they go to someone on their schedule 2-3 times a year. It would make me go from fan to "hope you break your toe".

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Anyone hearing any rumors in regards to Franklin? Haven't heard anything after his supposed meeting with Illinois yesterday. Would hate to lose him. TJD being fully committed to Woodson has to help a bit, right?

Didn't Race meet with Minnesota yesterday too?  Thought I saw that somewhere.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Anyone hearing any rumors in regards to Franklin? Haven't heard anything after his supposed meeting with Illinois yesterday. Would hate to lose him. TJD being fully committed to Woodson has to help a bit, right?

Illinois fans think it’s a done deal on IllinoisLoyalty for Franklin coming to UI

10 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I think Race is supposed to meet with Minnesota via Zoom tomorrow. 

Tells me Race is probably gone considering Woodson was apparently wanting answers on Monday about where guys are leaning on staying/leaving

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

If that’s the case we really need Xavier Johnson

Problem is, that’s the only page that’s taking about him. There is nothing on their free 247 page and there has been no confirmation of him meeting with Illinois. And there hasn’t been a mentioned of him and Illinois in the last 24 hours on Twitter too. Also, on the IllinoisLoyalty page, one of their so called insiders was being called out as a troll.

I think by Tuesday morning we'll have a much better idea of where we stand on a few issues: Coach Lewis, then Armaan and Race, and after they decide potential portal replacements, whether those be XJohnson, Keion, or others we hadn't really considered.

If Race moves on and Keion goes into the portal soon thereafter? That'd be a pretty strong sign.    ;)

1 hour ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Illinois fans think it’s a done deal on IllinoisLoyalty for Franklin coming to UI

Where? I just went through that thread and one guy posted it and the rest dogged on him because he had 13 posts in 10 yrs as a member.  They talked about the possibility, but I saw absolutely no done deal talk. 

sounds like as much of a done deal as Brad Steven’s to IU was. 

22 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

I don't get why Franklin would transfer.  It's gonna be a restart for him regardless.  He's going to have a central role on this IU team next year if he stays. 

Not that he will, but Cureblo is a good partner, and Ayo’s role is a great role.

5 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Where? I just went through that thread and one guy posted it and the rest dogged on him because he had 13 posts in 10 yrs as a member.  They talked about the possibility, but I saw absolutely no done deal talk. 

sounds like as much of a done deal as Brad Steven’s to IU was. 

I just interpreted it that it was a done deal by the hunter given by the Illinois Louisville guy