Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

12 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

TJD at the 5, Brunk backup center with Logan getting a little run. If Brunk doesn’t return I hope Logan is ready for a lot of backup center mins. 

I hope Logan spends all summer working on his shot. From all accounts he only plays around the basket and we already have that in TJD

Doubt it happens, but TJD needs to work at the 4 over the off season. He needs to be able to be a 4-5 swing guy for us. He's certainly not going to have much NBA luck at the 5.

He needs to at least make people respect him to 18 feet. I think he can do that. Right now guys play off him. If they have to play up on him out there he can take them off the dribble to get good looks at the rim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

He needs to at least make people respect him to 18 feet. I think he can do that. Right now guys play off him. If they have to play up on him out there he can take them off the dribble to get good looks at the rim

Yup. Gonna say he just needs to work on his shot in general (including FTs). At the end of the day, he's been very effective inside for us, but he just doesn't have the size to play the 5 outside of CBB. I'm not sure if Archie lacked development effort with TJD, or just had to play him at the 5 out of necessity. I know Brunk's availability hurt, but I just don't know what to think. If he could at least develop into a solid 10-15 JS guy, that would help big time.

14 minutes ago, Southside said:

Yup. Gonna say he just needs to work on his shot in general (including FTs). At the end of the day, he's been very effective inside for us, but he just doesn't have the size to play the 5 outside of CBB. I'm not sure if Archie lacked development effort with TJD, or just had to play him at the 5 out of necessity. I know Brunk's availability hurt, but I just don't know what to think. If he could at least develop into a solid 10-15 JS guy, that would help big time.

Agreed! If we all think back to Cody in year two he took and made some 15-18 footers and it really opened up driving lanes for Vic and Will! TJD does that and next year can be a lot  of fun! 

Edited by OldBuddy67

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I’m sure it’s going to have to happen but my small mind just can’t see TJD on the perimeter just yet. Maybe for short amounts of time 

Or is CMW building a monster that no one sees coming.

Or is CMW building a monster that no one sees coming.
No way I see tjd being a 3 point shooter that would be impressive but any kind of jumper would do wonders. 10 15 foot which totally is possible i think that is what they're looking for

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

No way I see tjd being a 3 point shooter that would be impressive but any kind of jumper would do wonders. 10 15 foot which totally is possible i think that is what they're looking for

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That paired with a stretch 4 could be deadly 

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

With Adam Miller leaving and Ayo graduating. It makes sense. Don’t think Armaan will be back either

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Earlier today I thought he would be back because of Trayce. Now that I see IU is going hard after Xavier Johnson I don't think so...One would have to think Johnson and Stewart are two of the three starting guards. Franklin would be the third. I'm not sure Lander would be returning if that was the case. Based on what we have heard he's almost certainly coming back. Add in Phinisee and that would be a decent backcourt. Hope Armaan comes back, but I'm starting to second guess myself. Only so much ball to go around. It sounds crazy but I'll always root for him. 

At this point, I think CMW will make the best decision for IU basketball. Guys who are more interested in their playing time than the team's success should move on. I'm not ragging on Franklin, because I really like him, but we need guys who are all in. I'm ready for a coach who is undeniably in charge of our program. I think we finally have that. People who mistake CMW's quiet demeanor for being soft and in for a rude awakening. He will love and be there for his players but will put with zero nonsense. And, it's about time we had that with IU basketball.

31 minutes ago, cthomas said:

At this point, I think CMW will make the best decision for IU basketball. Guys who are more interested in their playing time than the team's success should move on. I'm not ragging on Franklin, because I really like him, but we need guys who are all in. I'm ready for a coach who is undeniably in charge of our program. I think we finally have that. People who mistake CMW's quiet demeanor for being soft and in for a rude awakening. He will love and be there for his players but will put with zero nonsense. And, it's about time we had that with IU basketball.

I'm with you on this. I understand and appreciate players doing 'what is best for them', but I care about IU basketball. So what is best for the program is most important. Not to sound like a d**k but if Franklin hadn't come to IU I wouldn't care about him, and if he leaves then I will quit caring about him. Not a believer in "once a Hoosier always a Hoosier". Luke Recker? screw that guy. I am an Indiana fan and if whoever doesn't play for IU, chances are I'm not a fan of them. There are exceptions, but I'm over the mercenary approach. 

7 hours ago, cthomas said:

These kids hit the jackpot with a guy like woodson.  May not have been his recruits but he’s giving them more than a chance to buy in.  The guy knows basketball and will definitely help these guys get better.