Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

I love me some summer, but is it November yet? This is really shaking up to be as exciting as I can remember. I really do think Woodson will get the transfers and assistants he wants and the upcoming season is gonna have a feel to it we haven’t felt in a long time. I love that Coach Woodson loves IU, and he’s gonna get us back to where we are supposed to be. I don’t think he’ll accept anything less. 

Would think Trayce coming back would seal Race leaving. Without seeing CMW’s particular scheme, can’t picture a 4 out system in which you’d want to play them together in anything but small doses. 

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

There’s an article in SI this morning that says that the NCAA is about to adopt this transfer rule permanently. So this is the new norm. This is terrible for coaches. If you don’t give a freshman his minutes, even if he doesn’t earn them in practice, he’ll just transfer. It’s bad for us too. But it is great for the players. They’ll collaborate with top players they know from AAU to form super teams.

You mean like the UCLA teams of the '60s and '70s? The UNC teams and Phi Slama Jama in the '80s? The Fab Five in the '90s? The last 20 years of Duke? UK under Calipari? 

This has been going on for a long time.

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Would think Trayce coming back would seal Race leaving. Without seeing CMW’s particular scheme, can’t picture a 4 out system in which you’d want to play them together in anything but small doses. 

The thing is that Race could easily become a 30+% 30pt shooter. 

2 hours ago, IUrocker said:

I love me some summer, but is it November yet? This is really shaking up to be as exciting as I can remember. I really do think Woodson will get the transfers and assistants he wants and the upcoming season is gonna have a feel to it we haven’t felt in a long time. I love that Coach Woodson loves IU, and he’s gonna get us back to where we are supposed to be. I don’t think he’ll accept anything less. 

I am ready for Hoosier Hysteria 

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

TJD - On Armaan Franklin's decision, Jackson-Davis says "he's iffy" and thinks he likely wants to hear more from Mike Woodson before making a decision. "He doesn't want to take a leap of faith... I want to be there to support him."

Jackson-Davis says he's trying to give Armaan Franklin his space: "He needs to make the decision that's best for him. ... I want him here."

I understand that and respect his right to choose where his future goes. But to me, leaving is a greater 'leap of faith' than staying. I can't imagine what else he needs to hear from Coach Woodson.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I understand that and respect his right to choose where his future goes. But to me, leaving is a greater 'leap of faith' than staying. I can't imagine what else he needs to hear from Coach Woodson.

Franklin may just not think that bringing back 90% of a 12-15 team with a first-year college coach is his best choice.

27 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’d like to keep Race. Good dude, works hard. But, I think he’s replaceable. If he chooses to go home, it’s a very understandable decision and both sides would be ok.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah it’s just tough because is he going to play the stretch 4? No are we going to put TJD at the 4 and Race at the 5? Probably not. He seems to be the odd man out. But love how hard he plays.

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah it’s just tough because is he going to play the stretch 4? No are we going to put TJD at the 4 and Race at the 5? Probably not. He seems to be the odd man out. But love how hard he plays.

TJD seems to think brunk will play the 5 and him the 4?

50 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’d like to keep Race. Good dude, works hard. But, I think he’s replaceable. If he chooses to go home, it’s a very understandable decision and both sides would be ok.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly where I’m at. Love to keep him for many reasons including his awareness and hustle. But he’s replaceable.