Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

25 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

To me this is not surprising I honestly think he could've benefitted from his senior year of high school. 

Right. Some kids are just ready physiologically. They have a shadow beard in 7th grade like a guy on my team did. He had to bring his birth certificate to every fn game to prove. Lander, is not that. He wasn't ready for the speed regardless, but his body is definitely not ready. 

4 hours ago, bleedhoosier said:

Right. Some kids are just ready physiologically. They have a shadow beard in 7th grade like a guy on my team did. He had to bring his birth certificate to every fn game to prove. Lander, is not that. He wasn't ready for the speed regardless, but his body is definitely not ready. 

By reclassifying in his case you lose out on being able to prepare yourself for the rigors of what the college game throws at you particularly in the Big Ten where guys are more stronger have an established game that is more suited for the conference season. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2021-signee-duncomb-likes-woodson-hire-2022-commit-gunn-wants-to-meet-new-coach/

Primarily about Duncomb but I thought the last paragraph was interesting

The Daily Hoosier caught up with a couple uncommitted in-state recruiting targets and/or their parents over the last few days and they indicated that Roberts was still actively recruiting high school players, and at least in one case, more aggressively recruiting a player than Miller was.  Presumably Hunter was doing the same thing.

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2021-signee-duncomb-likes-woodson-hire-2022-commit-gunn-wants-to-meet-new-coach/

The Daily Hoosier caught up with a couple uncommitted in-state recruiting targets and/or their parents over the last few days and they indicated that Roberts was still actively recruiting high school players, and at least in one case, more aggressively recruiting a player than Miller was.  Presumably Hunter was doing the same thing.

Sounds like Roberts and Hunter are recruiting like there is a good chance they will keep their jobs with the new coach.

45 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sounds like that Roberts has been going at B. Smith.

46 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sounds like Braden Smith

Sounds like Roberts and Hunter are recruiting like there is a good chance they will keep their jobs with the new coach.
Or recruiting trying to keep their jobs

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, HoosierCoop said:

Geronimo has the capability of being something special as well.  I think he could make a big turn with this new coaching staff.

I think you're right. Lots of upside.

But I also got the feeling that mom wants him closer to home -- I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up at Rutgers or Seton Hall. 

Just now, HoosierCoop said:

Geronimo has the capability of being something special as well.  I think he could make a big turn with this new coaching staff.

Coach Woody is looking for players that can guard three or four positions and can shoot from deep.

Geez Jordan Geronimo--he's looking RIGHT AT YOU!