Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I would add Brunk. He's a competent, experienced big that appears to get along well with his teammates. Obviously IU could bring in a more talented big man, but even then, depth never hurt. I don't want Race or Jordan playing the 5! 

I hope we can get Duncomb to stay committed... I was pretty excited to see him play in Bloomington.

Just now, Crimson and Cream said:

Nothing would make me happier than to see a new coach come in and fix Rob's consistency/confidence issue so he can finish his IU career out strong. I hope he sticks this out.

I hope he stays 2 more years and gets the opportunity for a deep run in the tournament...

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm mildly surprised we haven't heard any reaction from Brunk as the elder statesman on the team.

Rabjohns said that he is going to let it play out with the coaching decision. He also sent out a tweet thanking Archie 

51 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Players would be wise to wait and see who the new coach is. Could be very beneficial to them.

I think Al's quick entrance into the transfer portal probably was indicative that he was going to go for a fifth year and transfer regardless of who was coaching at IU.  Can't say that he didn't get an opportunity at IU -- got really good minutes for four years. I assume he'll transfer closer to home for his last year.  Someone had mentioned him possibly transferring to Georgia which would make sense.....play under the coach that recruited him to Indiana and play in his home state.

While he took some heat on this board, I'll always appreciate what he did here.  Hope he does well, but like Maurice Creek who transferred near home, if he excels elsewhere it would pain me.

I think most of these guys are going to wait it out-as they should. That doesn't surprise me. If it's a legit proven winner (Brad, Beilein, Drew, Beard) I think the majority will stay. I think Trayce should consider coming back if it's the right coach. I think Ayo was in a similar situation last year. Late 2nd rounder. Look at the season he had. I know they play different positions but still. Trayce could really improve and play himself into a better draft slot. 

I still maintain there was some sort of disconnect between the players and Archie. I just got the impression they didn't like him -- or didn't like playing for him. 

While I imagine they are probably a little shaken that their coach is gone, I can't imagine any of them shedding any tears over his departure. 

Don't have any idea what his relationship was like with his players at Dayton, but at IU, it almost just seemed nonexistent. 

52 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I still maintain there was some sort of disconnect between the players and Archie. I just got the impression they didn't like him -- or didn't like playing for him. 

While I imagine they are probably a little shaken that their coach is gone, I can't imagine any of them shedding any tears over his departure. 

Don't have any idea what his relationship was like with his players at Dayton, but at IU, it almost just seemed nonexistent. 

It’s one of the oddest things I’ve seen. A total disconnect.  Lack of respect?  I’ve yet to figure it out.  Probably never will.  

I think it’s more that Archie forced his style on these guys and they begrudgingly tried to accomplish his demands assuming it would result in wins. As the losses piled up, the hatred for the systems deepened?  Or is it more of a interpersonal thing. 

They seemed to like Cliff, but everyone likes Cliff. 

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It’s one of the oddest things I’ve seen. A total disconnect.  Lack of respect?  I’ve yet to figure it out.  Probably never will.  

I think it’s more that Archie forced his style on these guys and they begrudgingly tried to accomplish his demands assuming it would result in wins. As the losses piled up, the hatred for the systems deepened?  Or is it more of a interpersonal thing. 

I'll always predict it happened in year two. I think he kissed Romeo's a$$ and that didn't sit well with the team. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not only is Clif likable, but he is a winner.  He has the professional pedigree with scores of NFL players that can attest to his approach.  I think that always resonated with the players.