Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Name a program that wins at a high level and wins consistently that is completely clean.  I'd be absolutely shocked if there is one.  You're not really breaking rules if the people responsible for enforcement don't care, because if they don't care the rules don't mean much.  Trying to be completely clean is just handicapping the program.

Some lines shouldn't be crossed, like don't cover up sequel assault or rape.

Is this supposed to be some kind of excuse for IU? Very unlikely UVA is doing anything that IU isn’t. 

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

I’m not saying we should hire Will Wade and let him run amok. I’m not saying we should bid on players and pay them hundreds of thousands of dollars. I’m not saying we should ever allow what Greg Marshall did at Wichita state, and I’m not saying we should allow student athletes to get away with sexual assault and other crimes. What I’m saying is we don’t need to operate like we’re scared of making a mistake and we don’t need to tell on ourselves when we break a minor rule. We should tell the NCAA to pound sand and prove misconduct because it has been proven to be the correct way to operate at the high major level. 

I wish I could like this a thousand times. Great post! 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Loyola may be in their way to their second final four in four years.

That’s pretty ******* good.

Wondering how much their players are getting paid.

Lot of basketball still to be played before they get there.

That’s not at all an equal comparison though, but you know that. So why make it? Coaching in the Missouri Valley Conference and recruiting kids who play in that kind of conference is worlds different from competing in the Big 10 and recruiting against P5 schools from across the country. I don’t think the MVC has too many kids getting paid to play in it. You don’t need to worry about paying players when none of your competition is either. The Big 10, on the other hand? We expect our coaches to be able to land players who are good enough to win games with, but we expect them to do it while not competing on the same playing field in the recruiting 

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Peegsters think Moser to IU is going to happen?

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is a done deal?

Not sure if anyone else on there agrees but the Hoosier Hysterics, Rabby, and Peegs act like it’s a done deal and they talk about him non stop. They just say IU and his reps have talked and there is “chatter”.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lot of basketball still to be played before they get there.

That’s not at all an equal comparison though, but you know that. So why make it? Coaching in the Missouri Valley Conference and recruiting kids who play in that kind of conference is worlds different from competing in the Big 10 and recruiting against P5 schools from across the country. I don’t think the MVC has too many kids getting paid to play in it. You don’t need to worry about paying players when none of your competition is either. The Big 10, on the other hand? We expect our coaches to be able to land players who are good enough to win games with, but we expect them to do it while not competing on the same playing field in the recruiting 

Let me ask you this if your best friend was selling drugs but wasn't getting caught would you then sell drugs as well.

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Not sure if anyone else on there agrees but the Hoosier Hysterics, Rabby, and Peegs act like it’s a done deal and they talk about him non stop. They just say IU and his reps have talked and there is “chatter”.

Wouldn't like the hire and it would go against  what Dolson is looking for in an offense

Just now, IU Scott said:

Wouldn't like the hire and it would go against  what Dolson is looking for in an offense

And I highly doubt Moser was on his radar from the start. One win shouldn’t move a guy up. I don’t think it’s him. Peegs guys really must not know much. 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Am I jaded, or is it reality? Maryland and Kansas were out bidding each other a couple years ago over De Sousa (I think that's his name) who was a borderline starter, a recruit ranked in like the 80's or something. Not a 5*. 

De Sousa was a top 40 recruit, not in the 80s. So he was almost a 5*. Similar ranking to TJD and Kaufman. Is it him you're thinking of or someone else?

To your point, yes, cheating happens even for players who aren't 5*. It is inevitable considering how much money is involved in college sports. Coaches are willing to cheat to keep their multimillion dollar salaries. 

Edited by go iu bb

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I'll give you an example. We've all heard how it's really difficult for IU to get grad transfers in, right? I don't know how accurate that is, but let's assume its accurate for discussions sake. 

Stay with me here. I wasn't the best student in high school. Mostly just lack of focus and caring. So when I was being recruited for basketball, some schools had to pass because of my GPA. 

The school I ended up going to had me hold off on applying to school until the coach mailed me an application. The application he sent me was stamped at the top with a special "Basketball Office" stamp so the admissions people would know i was a scholarship recruit that our coach wanted to be admitted. Not every player got that application. 

Obviously I didn't play at IU's level, but I'd consider that the Division 2 version of the gray area. 

So let's assume the IU grad transfer difficulty rumor is true. No IU basketball coach should ever have to worry about that if he wants a player. 

Thanks and that example is not bad

7 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Is this supposed to be some kind of excuse for IU? Very unlikely UVA is doing anything that IU isn’t. 

Not really, more like a statement of college athletics when the powers that be clearly couldn't care less.  I'd prefer the NCAA care and college athletics, but they don't and it's not.

People see money to be made and the ones responsible for enforcing rules do nothing, bad combination.

Just now, go iu bb said:

De Sousa was a top 40 recruit, not in the 80s. So he was almost a 5*. Similar ranking to TJD and Kaufman. Is it him you're thinking of or someone else?

Well maybe the NCAA didn't do anything to KU or Arizona but the implications are hurting both teams recruiting.  Neither of those programs talent level is not even close to what it was just 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This comparison makes absolutely no sense, lol.  

Here’s a better comparison: Every other kid in the class got the answers to the test beforehand. You’re graded on a curve in this class. The teacher knows everyone else is cheating and let’s them get away with it. Do you take a look at the answer sheet too? I would. 

No

Just now, rcs29 said:

Then you fail comparatively. See how that goes?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Rather fail with integrity than pass by cheating.  Also why not just do your job and study for the test instead of taking the easy way out.