Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

I can see why people are saying coaches who are available now are out because we’d already have hired them. And that’s likely true. Except for two scenarios:

1) Stevens is still an option (long shot, I know but someone wins the billion dollar lottery at some point.)

2) We are still negotiating with a coach in the tourney and it falls through.

But there are coaches available now I’d be happy with. Woody or Beilein. I get Beilein’s age and thug comment.

In the end, I think our new coach is still coaching but I don’t think it’s an absolute.

I've seen a number of posters and tweeters mention that they are pretty certain it is Oats. I would personally love that. But I have seen /heard zero evidence that Dolson is "zeroing" or back channeling in on him. Did I miss something substantial?

I’d love that. If we are getting an Up and Comer, he’s #1 in my book.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, ISP said:

I've seen a number of posters and tweeters mention that they are pretty certain it is Oats. I would personally love that. But I have seen /heard zero evidence that Dolson is "zeroing" or back channeling in on him. Did I miss something substantial?

Other than IU guys (Woodson, Cheaney), any credible info is almost certainly not coming from IU, but sources outside the program. And any guys that would be legitimately talking to IU and also still in the tournament are most definitely going to be quiet so as not to distract their players.

1 hour ago, bird4par said:

Why is everyone so infatuated with “coach in the waiting?”  I don’t understand. 

The only scenario it makes sense is if Dolson hires Beilein... but I suspect that if he was going that direction, we'd be done with the search... since he's not done, it's not happening, and the coach in waiting thing is a non-starter.

1 minute ago, Hoosier_Hatchet said:

What would cause him the most grief on Twitter?  If we (IU twitter fanbase) collectively worked together, we would really trouble him.  Block him?  Unfollow him?  Any other ideas?  

Ignore him. He wants a rise out of IU (or any other fan base) so not feeding the trolls works best, IMO.

1 minute ago, Hoosier_Hatchet said:

What would cause him the most grief on Twitter?  If we (IU twitter fanbase) collectively worked together, we would really trouble him.  Block him?  Unfollow him?  Any other ideas?  

1) Get a huge win in the coaching search then continuously mock him. 

2) Find evidence he was complicit in helping CH spread false rumors that we zeroed in on him

14 minutes ago, ISP said:

The way this search is playing out, it’s the lack of evidence that means we likely are taking with him. Not saying we get him.

But how cool would it be if both our basketball and football coach went to Maranatha Baptist?

Edited by Papacap

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No. You did not.

There are a LOT of wishful thinking posts with no evidence whatsoever.

Oats is locked in to a place for which price is no object.

Although, if given the choice between giving their basketball coach a larger paycheck or putting gold plated toilets in the football locker room, Bama would seriously consider the toilets

3 minutes ago, Hoosier_Hatchet said:

I can't unfollow him... just can't do it. (I've never followed him.)

Just ignore him... typical trollish behavior - just looking for a response which feeds his behavior.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I am now starting to come around to the opinion that what Goodman is doing with IU, during March madness, is awesome!

He’s doing everything possible to Tweet Indiana’s basketball program into the national spotlight.

i’m not seeing any Grand Canyon State, or southwest Missouri State type teams on that list. What I’m seeing is him listing us as one of the most passionate, big time programs.

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

I can almost guarantee you that the AD isn’t vetting coaching through disgruntled transferred players.  

I have no idea if it’s Musselman, but Justin Smith won’t have a thing to do with the search. 

Lol. No. Dolson is def not calling up Justin Smith and asking for advice. 

What I meant is that players talk about their coaches. I doubt Justin Smith just cut off all ties to anyone at Indiana. It wouldn't surprise me if some of his chatter about the program and Musselman made its way back to Dolson.