Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

41 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Izzo, too long ago.  Not the same environment. 

Holtmann-3 years of success at Butler.  Moderate risk.  

Juwan Howard- is a good argument.  He’s got a special fame that has allowed amazing recruiting.  So far he has knocked it out of the park.  He’s unique.  Which up and coming coach can walk into Indiana and land the #1 recruiting class?  I’ll take that guy.  

Kids today still know who the Fab 5 is because it gets blasted ok Twitter and ESPN and whatever else at times. Plus Michigan is already a gigantic brand. The recruits know they'll be getting Jordan brand of whatever. It was a perfect situation I think. As for someone like Penny Hardaway... Guys just don't know Penny these days. He's just a guy that could have been great without the injuries. 

26 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Handpicked by a successful coach and able to step in and maintain a system instead of having to start from scratch 

It was a system that wasn't working and the talent was bad.  He was 9-19 in 3-13 in conference his first year.  The one thing it did allow was for him to get a year of recruiting in...when he landed Hummel, Martin, JuJuan Johnson, and  E'twan Moore.

1 minute ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Watching Shark Tank to get away from bball for a minute and contestant went to IU so Cuban did the Hoo Hoo Hoosiers chant...so I came back

Ok, that's spooky- The 6th grade STEM unit we just finished yesterday was our school's version of "Shark Tank".

sorry that's my random brain.. MY GOD DO WE HAVE A NEW COACH YET??

11 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

It was a system that wasn't working and the talent was bad.  He was 9-19 in 3-13 in conference his first year.  The one thing it did allow was for him to get a year of recruiting in...when he landed Hummel, Martin, JuJuan Johnson, and  E'twan Moore.

So you agree it’s not the same and has advantageous?