Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

7 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Hard, hard PASS.....we're really looking at mid major coaches again????

Looks like they are looking at a 62 year old that has never recruited or coached in college, a 68 year old who has been out of college for a couple of years so yeah IU is looking at mid major coaches.   What  has IU done in the past 20 years that puts them above looking at mid major coaches?

Just now, NVFalcons1990 said:

Hard, hard PASS.....we're really looking at mid major coaches again????

Look, I get it.  He's not my first choice.  He's local to me and Cam is from my hometown as well -- a year older than my kid, so they played with/against each other growing up.  (So that's my bias)

But realistically, do we have a chance at the top two coaches -- Oats and Muss and/or maybe Drew?  Seriously, when you really sit and look at it honestly.  Sure we can offer a bunch of money, but so can their current schools.  They have pretty good gigs right now, and can parlay IU interest into a raise and extension.  Maybe if they weren't the hottest thing going right now and suffering a down year, but they all coach one of the final 16 teams and are high seeds to boot.  Maybe it works out and Scott pulls that rabbit out of a hat.  But realistically, we better start getting comfortable with the best of the rest.  Sorry to pee on everyone's Cheerios.  

1 hour ago, hoosierpap said:

Can you explain to me this anti-slow ball/ pro-tempo thing?

Past 5 champions

2019- Virginia- AdjT: 353

2018- Villanova- AdjT: 150

2017- Gonzaga- AdjT: 76

2016- Villanova- AdjT: 274

2015- Kentucky- AdjT: 274

AVG Adjusted Tempo from 2015-2019 champions: 225

I guess I don't see a correlation between up-tempo and winning. I'm not against it, I just don't get why so many here seem to be pushing for it over- what appears to be- logic.

IF Gonzaga wins it this year they will certainly be the exception, not the rule.

Someone please explain...

Gonzaga didn't win in 2017

24 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

yes it is quite the deal.  I am a high school teacher.  I have had this thread open all day. This afternoon during my prep a student came to get some help from me.  While I was helping them my computer kept dinging from new replies in this thread.  The student even commented that my computer was sure making a lot of noise, lol.  And all the while I am helping this student I am wondering if there is some type of news in this coaching search.  The struggle is real. 

I was finishing up a movie through my computer with this thread open - same thing- "DING". periodically as the movie was playing..kids were looking at each other and I acted like I was trying to figure it out too.. LOL!!!!!!

1 hour ago, triple said:

Dizz, this is not aimed at you specifically but in general at the discussion regarding Moser.  He was a slow starter in his career but he's figured out how to win...he grasps his own strengths and weaknesses and continues to make adjustments over time.  Anyone citing his earlier years or his full career record is missing the point with this guy.  He's a very good coach today and has been for four years now.  Four years is not a fluke.  If he'd had the same level of talent for those two years in between his final four and today, he'd have made runs then too.  His pace is slow but the offense is much smoother than Miller's, even Bennet's.  My wife, who half-heartedly watches hoops on occasion, has used the word "beautiful" at times to describe some of his plays and she's not wrong.

Is Moser the right fit for IU?  I dunno...his style does not fit what Dolson described.  But some of the critics I've seen on this board are flat out wrong.  He's going to get a power five job and I believe he'll be very successful.  

Only two of those past four years were really good ones, though. He lost as the one seed in his conference tournament as the 1 seed last year. I disagree that it’s not a fluke. It still remains to be seen if the past four years are who he is moving forward, or if the 10 losing conference seasons in the previous 13 seasons are, or if it’s some combination. I agree with you that he’ll get a P5 job. I just don’t want IU to be the one to give it to him. Let someone else take that risk.