Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Will be very interesting to see who gets the Texas gig and I think it will say a lot about who SD is after. Can’t imagine IU will let Texas fire a coach after them and hire a guy they wanted. I still do think though, that Texas hires their guy before Dolson does.

The Saga continues.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Bobman1 said:

Will be very interesting to see who gets the Texas gig and I think it will say a lot about who SD is after. Can’t imagine IU will let Texas fire a coach after them and hire a guy they wanted. I still do think though, that Texas hires their guy before Dolson does.

The Saga continues.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Beard is probably hired next Friday after the buyout drops.

Just now, IUc2016 said:

Don't they play this weekend? I know McDermott is in hot water but they are going to fire him today?

I know we're not allowed to post stuff but he essentially said it could open as early as today. Yes, they play this weekend. Maybe they feel like they need to move. 

10 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

No the NBA is definitely going more up tempo. I remember Nate Oats actually talking about this during a game but pacing in the NBA has been going up for years but the college game hasn’t been keeping up. Plus I’ve never thought of struggling on offense when it comes to Mike Dantoni. Here’s an article actually talking about how pacing is so high in the NBA now. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lineups.com/articles/why-nba-game-pace-is-at-historic-high/%3famp

Scoring was way up the 80s simply because no one cares to play defense. Then it flip flopped in the 90s. The early 2000s was its own deal. Teams are starting to score more without a doubt and guys are more talented and skilled than ever before. Offenses are also allowed to have space and freedom and not just be grabbed because defenders suck at defending. 

10 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Interesting, maybe it puts Mason Miller back in play if he likes our new coach.

Is McDermott getting fired? 

McDermont is in trouble for comments not much different than Beilien. Thus, I don’t get all the Beilein hype. 

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

McDermont is in trouble for comments not much different than Beilien. Thus, I don’t get all the Beilein hype. 

People are just stupid but it's the flavor of the decade. Beilein would be a good hire. Just not sure we can afford the name brand walkers and velcro shoes.

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Scoring was way up the 80s simply because no one cares to play defense. Then it flip flopped in the 90s. The early 2000s was its own deal. Teams are starting to score more without a doubt and guys are more talented and skilled than ever before. Offenses are also allowed to have space and freedom and not just be grabbed because defenders suck at defending. 

Correct. It ebbs and flows and styles come and go. Speed itself is not a "style." It's what you do while you have the ball that defines a style. In the current NBA, what they do with the ball is move, pass, and look for an open jumper, hopefully a 3, and yes it tends to be fast. But it's not "fastest team wins."

16 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Rabby saying that Creighton job could open today and go after Moser.

That would be a better fit.  He is a good coach and his teams are fun to watch.  I'm just not sure if it works without that underdog mindset his guys have.

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

I am starting to realize if I continue to try to keep up to date on this thread 100% I am going to get fired from my job.

#worthit

yes it is quite the deal.  I am a high school teacher.  I have had this thread open all day. This afternoon during my prep a student came to get some help from me.  While I was helping them my computer kept dinging from new replies in this thread.  The student even commented that my computer was sure making a lot of noise, lol.  And all the while I am helping this student I am wondering if there is some type of news in this coaching search.  The struggle is real. 

2 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

yes it is quite the deal.  I am a high school teacher.  I have had this thread open all day. This afternoon during my prep a student came to get some help from me.  While I was helping them my computer kept dinging from new replies in this thread.  The student even commented that my computer was sure making a lot of noise, lol.  And all the while I am helping this student I am wondering if there is some type of news in this coaching search.  The struggle is real. 

Turn that volume down, bro!!!

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

People are just stupid but it's the flavor of the decade. Beilein would be a good hire. Just not sure we can afford the name brand walkers and velcro shoes.

Adidas makes slip on sneakers!