Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, ap2345 said:

So how much money would it take to land Oats with his buyout and salary?

Think his buyout is $12.6mm.  Then need to probably pay him $5mm a year 

5 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I cringe too but if Muss can produce Crean like results on the good side and minimize the downside he will be just fine. 

Musselman is nothing more Crean, he can actually coach. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Rabby was asked about why there "may be skeletons in Beard's closet". He didn't want to answer but Pankowski did. He said there is belief that Beard is dirty and that IU is not going to go near someone who is dirty like Pitino, Drew, and sadly, Oats..ugh

We're idiots if this is true. Guess the coach can't be dirty if they've never coached in college like some of the names being thrown out.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Why don’t we want to win?  

Just now, Unexpectedflash said:

We're idiots if this is true. Guess the coach can't be dirty if they've never coached in college like some of the names being thrown out.

I have zero clue who Pankowski is but he is staff...take it for what it's worth. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Rabby was asked about why there "may be skeletons in Beard's closet". He didn't want to answer but Pankowski did. He said there is belief that Beard is dirty and that IU is not going to go near someone who is dirty like Pitino, Drew, and sadly, Oats..ugh

Sorry can someone fill me in about what makes Oats “unclean”? I know the answers to the others but have not seen that about him. With him I always thought it was the giant buyout that was the nonstarter.

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Well Beard did get Jahmi'us Ramsey, who according to an insider on this or another had someone in his camp with their hand out.

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don't really get Crean vibes from Musselman from the little bit that I've seen of him. They both have big personalities, but I don't get 'weirdo' from Musselman like I do Crean. 

... and Musselman's pants appear to fit properly...

Just now, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

Sorry can someone fill me in about what makes Oats “unclean”? I know the answers to the others but have not seen that about him. With him I always thought it was the giant buyout that was the nonstarter.

Agree. It's just what this 247 staffer said. He mentioned his name with Beard, Drew and Pitino as dirty. 

And then four years from now IU will wonder why we’re firing our coach because he couldn’t win. I hate our administration so much. 

I’ve been saying this for years. Crean, said this in his words. It’s really disappointing, and gives me little faith in our future.

The ones people think are clean, usually aren’t either. NCAA doesn’t even care so long as you don’t self report or embarrass them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I cringe too but if Muss can produce Crean like results on the good side and minimize the downside he will be just fine. 

Lets see what Mussleman can do first. Crean made it to a final four and Sweet 16’s.