Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Dallas Mavericks Trade for him so he can’t coach for any other team forcing him back to the college ranks 

That’s less likely than him resigning and coming to IU on Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

...too bad it’s closed. That used to be a fun place to visit.

Was open 4th of July this past summer. Not sure if they shut down again after, but I stayed up there on the lake for the holiday 

Edited by TheDarkKnight69

7 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

"Brad, Thad turned us down. How bout $10 million and an all expenses paid trip to Indiana Beach for u and the family?"

I remember getting kicked off the chairlift ride for dropping BBs on the heads of unsuspecting visitors ...... haven't laughed about that in a long time ...... thank you crappy Indiana men's basketball for the great memory (reminder).

12 minutes ago, cthomas said:

It's embarrassing that we respond to every rumor like we do. We will know when the AD makes the announcement. He gets paid way more than me to make these decisions. And, he's likely way smarter than me.

So you're the "fun guy" at the party, right?...

If anyone has been consistent it’s been @Nonymouse. I don’t even care if he/she has sources, I need the consistency in my brain that Brad isn’t coming. Never ever. No chance at all. If we adopt this mindset...hell if Brad sticks his head out the window driving down 37 one day then we got closer than we expected.

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

Only reason I brought him up is because the Michigan job came down to him and Howard. Relatively young coach who’s been mostly successful at Providence. 

I got some pushback for bringing it up but UM was not interested, I don’t think. It worked out for everyone: Cooley got a raise and UM got their coach.

Just now, lillurk said:

I got some pushback for bringing it up but UM was not interested, I don’t think. It worked out for everyone: Cooley got a raise and UM got their coach.

6 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

Only reason I brought him up is because the Michigan job came down to him and Howard. Relatively young coach who’s been mostly successful at Providence. 

By “I don’t think,” I mean the best UM coverage was clear that it was Copley’s side pushing his candidacy.

9 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

Might as well hire about any random mid major coach. He's been mediocre at the very best at Providence. Even his best time with Kris Dunn was just okayish. 

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

By “I don’t think,” I mean the best UM coverage was clear that it was Copley’s side pushing his candidacy.

Just read a story, on the Athletic, where the UM AD talks about how they were supposed to have an interview with Cooley and as soon as his meeting was done with Howard, he got a call from Cooley saying he was accepting an extension from Providence. 

Edited by TheDarkKnight69

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

Just read a story, on the Athletic, where the UM AD talks about how they were supposed to have an interview with Cooley and as soon as his meeting was done with Howard, he got a call from Cooley saying he was accepting an extension from Providence. 

Too bad... Michigan wouldn't be anywhere near what they are now if it were Cooley instead of Howard. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Might as well hire about any random mid major coach. He's been mediocre at the very best at Providence. Even his best time with Kris Dunn was just okayish. 

I’d say finishing in the top 5 in the Big East, and making the tournament most years, at Providence is better than Mediocre.