Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

17 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

My 2 week Break from the middle school crazies (sorry if you're a middle school parent, but your kids are insane..and I love working with them) starts this Friday at 3:15 pm

1st beer in hand by 3:30pm

Same here, but getting on a plane tomorrow. First beer? Noonish.

I’d take Mark Turgeon if Beard, Mussellman, and Drew all say no. 

Turgeon is the only name mentioned so far that would really bum me out. I'd rather take an unproven IU guy, and I'd really rather not go that route either. Turgeon is a bad coach. Solid recruiter, but he puts a ceiling on his teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Turgeon is the only name mentioned so far that would really bum me out. I'd rather take an unproven IU guy, and I'd really rather not go that route either. Turgeon is a bad coach. Solid recruiter, but he puts a ceiling on his teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailed it. He’s awful. Better off taking a flyer on a guy like Fife than a retread like Turgeon where you lnow his ceiling is bad coach/decent recruiter.

We're fanatics and some of us are suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder and addictive personalities which manifests in different ways -- one being the umbilical cord to this site.

But I will say, I have had more fun interacting and speculating on the future of IU basketball with these fine patrons the past few days than I have had watching IU actually play basketball for the better part of 20 years now.
The "new coaching search" has sadly supplanted our March Madness. It has become our super bowl or world cup. It's all we have that gives us any glimmer of hope that IU will one day return to something --- anything --- close to resembling the sporting glories of years past.
And I am here for it (obviously).
Now, anyone looking for actual news ...... don't bother. We'll know when we know!
To be clear, I am not complaining. I just find fascinating.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And around we go!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry WOODENSHOEMAN!!!!!!
No sweat. Find it fascinating.
I don't think Bielien is too old. Hundreds of posts back, I posted what I thought work. He is head coach and Lewis, Fife or someone else fir continuity. Or Fife or Lewis as Head Coach with Bielien being the Phil Martelli of Indiana.
He is not my number 1.

6 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:
Moye > Boozer said:

We're fanatics and some of us are suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder and addictive personalities which manifests in different ways -- one being the umbilical cord to this site.

But I will say, I have had more fun interacting and speculating on the future of IU basketball with these fine patrons the past few days than I have had watching IU actually play basketball for the better part of 20 years now.
The "new coaching search" has sadly supplanted our March Madness. It has become our super bowl or world cup. It's all we have that gives us any glimmer of hope that IU will one day return to something --- anything --- close to resembling the sporting glories of years past.
And I am here for it (obviously).
Now, anyone looking for actual news ...... don't bother. We'll know when we know!
To be clear, I am not complaining. I just find fascinating.

Well give it a try tomorrow Woodenshoe!!! Pool opens at 8am!

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

In all seriousness, do some of you sit all day in front of your laptop or are on your phone all day. I checked it for the first time around noon and there were 500 posts. I just now checked it after 3 hours and there was 200 more and it's the same people.
I'm disabled, but I have other things I need to do or enjoy.

“Get the $&@% out of here woodsman!” 

-Nate Oats 

1 minute ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:
Moye > Boozer said:

And around we go!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry WOODENSHOEMAN!!!!!!
No sweat. Find it fascinating.
I don't think Bielien is too old. Hundreds of posts back, I posted what I thought work. He is head coach and Lewis, Fife or someone else fir continuity. Or Fife or Lewis as Head Coach with Bielien being the Phil Martelli of Indiana.
He is not my number 1.

I like that coach in waiting aspect accompanying a Beilein hire!! No problem with Beilein at all if Oats, Muss, Beard, and Drew are out. 

Old retired fart... all I've done today is grill our dinner on the Traeger and check this place out... but I do have stuff to do tomorrow, :D 
The family has been clamoring for my smoked chicken, so I did that for them today