Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

18 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Anybody with a computer can edit any wikipedia article to say whatever they want... and it will "stick" until someone else comes along and changes it... Never trust Wikipedia.

+1 It is no longer there... 

Calbert Cheaney??  No thanks.  Please no.

If it has to be an IU guy with little experience,  my vote goes to AJ Guyton

In 2010 Guyton was an assistant coach at Illinois Central College.[3] He was also head coach of the Bloomington Flex, a minor league team located in the Bloomington, Illinois area.[4] Guyton led the Flex, then known as the Central Illinois Drive, to a 22–1 record in 2012 and a Premier Basketball League championship. Guyton also led the Flex to a PBL title in 2013, winning Coach of the Year honors both seasons. In 2014, the Flex were again the top team in the PBL under Guyton's leadership, finishing the season with a perfect 18–0 record.

But I still don't think the head job should go to Guyton.  Let's go big time and get Guyton on the bench.

Give me calbert. He owes us and himself a championship at iu that he just missed as a player. NBA experience check. Some college exposure check. Probably knock recruiting out of the park. Iu guy. Probably listened to one hell of a coach in his college days and learned a thing or two. Seems like a nice guy. Understands iu basketball and didnt seem like he was a huge fan of crean to me when he was here. Let's roll

Can a mod move this to the calbert thread I don't know how lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Calbert Cheaney??  No thanks.  Please no.

If it has to be an IU guy with little experience,  my vote goes to AJ Guyton

In 2010 Guyton was an assistant coach at Illinois Central College.[3] He was also head coach of the Bloomington Flex, a minor league team located in the Bloomington, Illinois area.[4] Guyton led the Flex, then known as the Central Illinois Drive, to a 22–1 record in 2012 and a Premier Basketball League championship. Guyton also led the Flex to a PBL title in 2013, winning Coach of the Year honors both seasons. In 2014, the Flex were again the top team in the PBL under Guyton's leadership, finishing the season with a perfect 18–0 record.

But I still don't think the head job should go to Guyton.  Let's go big time and get Guyton on the bench.

Calbery Cheaney has been an Assistant Coach in the NBA and with a St. Louis team under Crews that was ranked. He was Director of Basketball operations for the three Crean teams that were good. Back in the NBA with the Pacers currently.

He's about a million times more experienced than Guyton.

Calbert?  Lol. He's my all time favorite player but no way.  This would be a massive let down.  Like 10% chance he'd be successful here.

How do you know? Actually don't answer that i have my share of that guy won't work and I don't know either lol

7 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Give me calbert. He owes us and himself a championship at iu that he just missed as a player. NBA experience check. Some college exposure check. Probably knock recruiting out of the park. Iu guy. Probably listened to one hell of a coach in his college days and learned a thing or two. Seems like a nice guy. Understands iu basketball and didnt seem like he was a huge fan of crean to me when he was here. Let's roll

Can a mod move this to the calbert thread I don't know how lol

He could recruit successfully in Indiana (especially the southern half), but I don't see how he'd have any chops out of state.  Part of our problem recently has been woeful out of state recruiting.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Calbery Cheaney has been an Assistant Coach in the NBA and with a St. Louis team under Crews that was ranked. He was Director of Basketball operations for the three Crean teams that were good. Back in the NBA with the Pacers currently.

He's about a million times more experienced than Guyton.

Has he ever been a head coach?  If not I don't know how your final statement is true

One of the more interesting tweets about the coaching search we’ve seen this week has been from John Rothstein. That guy keeps his powder dry almost always.
However, he tweeted yesterday that we are leaning towards an “IU guy“.

That tweet was too vague to be anything of substance IMO.

It says they were considering some candidates with ties to the program. This could mean “IU guys” or could mean Bob Knight guys (Beard). But above all, it didn’t say we were exclusively looking at these candidates.

He could recruit successfully in Indiana (especially the southern half), but I don't see how he'd have any chops out of state.  Part of our problem recently has been woeful out of state recruiting.
Because of his nba experience plus he is still cool. Something kids can relate to. How did crean and archie recruit anyone to iu. Neither were cool imo. Calbert can relate to kids and sell iu cause he lived it

5 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Calbert?  Lol. He's my all time favorite player but no way.  This would be a massive let down.  Like 10% chance he'd be successful here.

We're the only ones with any sense here. I quit reading other sites because they drooled over 'IU guys'

Now this place is infected with it too