Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, ap2345 said:

My mind is almost always on basketball. It’s kind of my job and I’m fascinated with coaching searches and how AD’s handle them.

Kind of your job?  What does that mean?  

50 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

I would be better with it than just Woodson, but that is never going to happen.  Fife has a great place at MSU right now and can wait on Izzo to be done.  No need to move laterally to IU. 

Stephens is the coach in waiting at MSU from my understanding

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

This is what I’ve been saying for a while since he’s the associate head coach.

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Well if that is the case then that changes things.  Still not sure I see Fife taking a lateral move.  

3 hours ago, bigrod said:

I forget... How much head coaching experience did Izzo have when he was hired at Michigan State?

How many times or how many people can catch lightning in a bottle? Not absolutely convinced that Izzo was "lightning in a bottle", but you get my drift.

Snow just said he got a text from someone in the hoops world that said Moser hasn’t gained much traction with IU but there is growing chatter that Calbert will be the guy. He said he hasn’t vetted the information but it is interesting none the less. 

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If you know how to coach basketball, then you don't. Don't need a degree for it. Just stupid standards for no reason. 

Seriously? Sounds a lot like the Bob Knight conundrum... he was melting down at every turn, punching cops and throwing LSU fans in trash cans all while demanding that the players toe the line... If you want respect,  you have to show respect. If you expect disciplined players, the coach has to be disciplined... going through the process of earning a college degree is not difficult, but it does require some discipline.... It says that you submitted yourself to the process and, some would say, rigors of doing the work to earn something.

My wife is an admin at a local D-1 college... she needed a degree to get that job. Any monkey can type on a keyboard with/without a degree... but it shows that she submitted herself to something and followed it through to completion. It speaks volumes about character and commitment. It's not "just stupid standards for no reason".

It said Franklin met with Dolson before entering his name in the portal today which makes me think we might be some time away from getting a new coach. If someone was going to be hired in the next day or two think Dolson would have mentioned that to Franklin and let him speak to them before entering his name.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Snow just said he got a text from someone in the hoops world that said Moser hasn’t gained much traction with IU but there is growing chatter that Calbert will be the guy. He said he hasn’t vetted the information but it is interesting none the less. 

CALBERT?? no way

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I don't know how much Snow knows. He said Archie was staying the day before he was fired. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I take anything said by Snow with a grain of salt.