Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

9 minutes ago, lillurk said:

This, exactly this. Yes the Waltons absolutely COULD throw money at the program and its coaches but they haven’t really tried that up to now.

Musselman’s transience is not a problem. He immediately made Nevada better than it had been IN ITS HISTORY, then left for a better job. He has gotten Arkansas near its historic peak, 1994 notwithstanding, in two years. Indiana is a better job than Arkansas.

What’s a better job than Indiana? To Muss, probably the NBA. But two issues there:

1. If he leaves for a pro job, it probably means he did very well at IU, and
2. The NBA tried him twice already, so he’d be a retread who would probably not get tons of interest at that level unless he REALLY crushed it for awhile in college.

I don't understand the Arkansas love either. If IU goes to 6 mil a year he will be our coach. No doubt

Just now, coonhounds said:

Got 4 cold bottles in fridge if you are in 46733 area code lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wish I would’ve tried that beer sooner.  I love it.  I get laughed at by my buddies for drinking it but don’t care.  

I wish I would’ve tried that beer sooner.  I love it.  I get laughed at by my buddies for drinking it but don’t care.  

Its a very good drinking beer especially in a bottle on ice or cold in a fridge

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

We are a program in the toilet and somehow trending further downward, somehow. We just took one of the games consensus great young coaches, chewed him up, and spit him out. If we were misled into making a coaching change by Stevens, it’s a fatal blow. Dolson would be working from square one with no hot leads. Don’t forget the donors who ponied up the dough to make the transition. This is true and Dolson and the athletic Dept just likely burned up every dime of political capital they had. Just imagine for one second that you were given assurances that a certain guy was coming, if you could meet certain demands, you commit to potentially 8 figures of your money towards said guy, and the athletic Dept delivers Dane ******* Fife...... I’d never take another phone call. Neither would you. 

Quoting Aaron Rodgers....R-E-L-A-X

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Archie Miller was never a "great young coach." His success at Dayton was overblown, his offense was terrible and got worse every year he was there, and the perception of him was heavily influenced by him being the brother of a successful coach at Arizona. 

Also had their best season in a long while after he left. Were 29-2 last season. One of those being a 6 point loss to Kansas on a neutral floor. They could have legitimately been in play for a #1 seed.

39 minutes ago, str8baller said:

People are really understanding the thug comment. Not saying it’s right, but IU will have to have a diversity and inclusion committee to “start a conversation” about his possibly racist comments. Articles will be written. Old articles will be drudged up about how IU was racist for treating Mike Davis bad. 

At best he’s maybe suspended for his first game or something. Go look at what happened to mcdermont this year. At worst it tanks recruiting—that and him being 90 yrs old—and dooms the whole thing before it gets off the ground.  Just the world we live in today. 

And I say this as someone who really likes the guy and did all the way back to his WVU days. 

Agreed.  The SJWs will be out in full force.  It's baggage we probably don't need.  Unfortunate because he is a good coach.