Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General New Coach News

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

So you would take Beilein over Matta? Beilein hasn’t recruited for about 2 years, old age, thug comment hanging over his head, and there’s a family issue as well. But let’s take him over a healthy Matta who has the best winning percentage of I believe every coach in consideration, and has good connections within the Midwest! A healthy Matta is head and shoulders above most coaches in all of college basketball.

I’m not saying he’s the best candidate, but it’s really annoying that coaches are being dismissed for one reason or the other, but I can easily do the same thing with the coaches you or other posters like just as easily. Some of the posters here are being unreasonable just because of their personal feelings on criteria. 
We all have opinions and that’s great, love that, but it’s the non-stop complaining about certain coaches that get really annoying!

I'm with you man. I scoffed at Matta initially, but upon reviewing his record and the other options he quickly rose to top few for me. 

I'd prefer him to Beard, Moser or any of the IU guy retreads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In no way am I making fun of his health but damn..

 

We’ve been discussing Thad’s health the last week or two and we finally get an updated picture of him today. There he is, wearing a freaking ankle brace. Jesus, of course he is! 

 

 

He’s a young man, really. What 54? Coaching has been tough on him. He looks at least 10 years older in his face and legs. I wish him the best with his health, but even I knew we shouldn’t be targeting him. His quotes when he departed Ohio State speak volumes. He and JB should continue their passion in basketball, just not as a head coach of a major University.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Treesh said:

In no way am I making fun of his health but damn..

 

We’ve been discussing Thad’s health the last week or two and we finally get an updated picture of him today. There he is, wearing a freaking ankle brace. Jesus, of course he is! 
 

 

True but we also have been told he needs help walking and getting to his seat. Seems like he is doing well and has been to several games. May not be ready to coach but not the invalid some reports suggest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look other than the two unemployed dudes the coaches of interest are in the tourney.  No respectful coach would talk about a job until they are done.  A few finished last night. A few may finish tonight.  And a few may go on a bit longer.   So it could take some time.  In the mean time I think Scott is all over these boards saying “watch this” and laughing his arse off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Treesh said:

In no way am I making fun of his health but damn..

 

We’ve been discussing Thad’s health the last week or two and we finally get an updated picture of him today. There he is, wearing a freaking ankle brace. Jesus, of course he is! 
 

 

I do want to say I’m not trying to be mean, attacking, etc. I’m just saying if he IS healthy and there are no concerns, he should be a serious candidate because of his past. Not saying he’s the best candidate, but should be a serious candidate if fully healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

So you would take Beilein over Matta? Beilein hasn’t recruited for about 2 years, old age, thug comment hanging over his head, and there’s a family issue as well. But let’s take him over a healthy Matta who has the best winning percentage of I believe every coach in consideration, and has good connections within the Midwest! A healthy Matta is head and shoulders above most coaches in all of college basketball.

I’m not saying he’s the best candidate, but it’s really annoying that coaches are being dismissed for one reason or the other, but I can easily do the same thing with the coaches you or other posters like just as easily. Some of the posters here are being unreasonable just because of their personal feelings on criteria. 
We all have opinions and that’s great, love that, but it’s the non-stop complaining about certain coaches that get really annoying!

Well John coached in a championship game in 2018 or whatever. Matta coached one in 2007.. John has coached recently and that counts for me. 

Yes I’m worried about the Thugs comment. But his recruiting was great. This current Michigan team has John roots of course! He’s not my top choice but his recent championship run stands out to be specifically whenever I’m comparing him to Thad. I rather have Beard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

So you would take Beilein over Matta? Beilein hasn’t recruited for about 2 years, old age, thug comment hanging over his head, and there’s a family issue as well. But let’s take him over a healthy Matta who has the best winning percentage of I believe every coach in consideration, and has good connections within the Midwest! A healthy Matta is head and shoulders above most coaches in all of college basketball.

I’m not saying he’s the best candidate, but it’s really annoying that coaches are being dismissed for one reason or the other, but I can easily do the same thing with the coaches you or other posters like just as easily. Some of the posters here are being unreasonable just because of their personal feelings on criteria. 
We all have opinions and that’s great, love that, but it’s the non-stop complaining about certain coaches that get really annoying!

People are really understanding the thug comment. Not saying it’s right, but IU will have to have a diversity and inclusion committee to “start a conversation” about his possibly racist comments. Articles will be written. Old articles will be drudged up about how IU was racist for treating Mike Davis bad. 
 

At best he’s maybe suspended for his first game or something. Go look at what happened to mcdermont this year. At worst it tanks recruiting—that and him being 90 yrs old—and dooms the whole thing before it gets off the ground.  Just the world we live in today. 
 

And I say this as someone who really likes the guy and did all the way back to his WVU days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I do want to say I’m not trying to be mean, attacking, etc. I’m just saying if he IS healthy and there are no concerns, he should be a serious candidate because of his past. Not saying he’s the best candidate, but should be a serious candidate if fully healthy.

Being the men’s basketball coach is the most stressful job in Indiana. He’s not saving lives or treating cancer I know. But all eyes are on the head men’s coach in this state. Would be curious to see if he could handle that stress. I’ve never had back issues but doesn’t stress trigger episodes? I don’t know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He’s a young man, really. What 54? Coaching has been tough on him. He looks at least 10 years older in his face and legs. I wish him the best with his health, but even I knew we shouldn’t be targeting him. His quotes when he departed Ohio State speak volumes. He and JB should continue their passion in basketball, just not as a head coach of a major University.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If you were a ohio state fan you wouldn’t have wanted urban meyer either then, right? Seemed to work out ok for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just so everyone knows I’ll have to come on here tomorrow and see what I posted.  I may have been over served in my own house tonight.

Uhhh, I kind of suspected that might be the case. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So Norman Dale is our next coach with shooter being an assistant

Shooter is going solo, no need for dale anymore, he was holding him back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

If I did I don’t remember.  Last week at this time I was all aboard The Stevens train 

Didn't mean it as a gotcha, just that it would suggest that there is a backup plan in place!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Look other than the two unemployed dudes the coaches of interest are in the tourney.  No respectful coach would talk about a job until they are done.  A few finished last night. A few may finish tonight.  And a few may go on a bit longer.   So it could take some time.  In the mean time I think Scott is all over these boards saying “watch this” and laughing his arse off.  

Maybe, but whatever happened today was an embarrassment. Where does the truth lie? I doubt it’s 100% fabrication. Maybe it’s all 100% true. We need to get our stuff together.


Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×