Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

43 minutes ago, Treesh said:

How about we quit recycling old coaches like Matta and Altman?

We need some fresh blood with potential. 

WHERE IS AJ ******** MOYE? 

Boy I missed having players that played for Indiana, not at Indiana. 

Ya Altman isn’t some old coach without recent success. He’s been to the tourney 8 of the last 9 times, 3 of the last 4 S16’s and a final four run in 2017. 

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched a few of their games and they are the definition of Indiana basketball.  They don't have the best talent but they play the best team basketball.

They are the polar opposite. They are Wisconsin Basketball. Built on trying to keep the game to as few possessions as possible. 

2 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Gotcha. Hadn’t gone back through the old pages.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Probably just excited to go home and see his family.   IU on spring break?  The student athletes had to sacrifice and to ton to get this season played and going home and seeing your family was one of them.   Now that the season is over I would guess they would be able to visit home 

So for those of us, like me who seem to be struggling to keep up with the new post volume let me know if i am missing anything

1) ND Kenrick and Lander tweeted something late last night.  Kenrick suggested it would be a Homerun hire (but we do not know who) and Lander had a emoji tweet that suggested perhaps he was happy with the secret news

2) Peegs board then started circulating information/noise that perhaps Bennett was in play.

3) A potential Wednesday announcement was mentioned but again, not sure if there has been anything to support this

4) The amazingly tough BT continues to really struggle in this tournament. Maybe Archie was even worse than we thought (that was my own addition btw)

If there is anything more or anything solid on the above and you have time to catch us up I know i would appreciate it

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Probably just excited to go home and see his family.   IU on spring break?  The student athletes had to sacrifice and to ton to get this season played and going home and seeing your family was one of them.   Now that the season is over I would guess they would be able to visit home 

No spring break this year. Lander knows something!

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

OF COURSE efficiency means something.  Teams that are efficient win.  Teams that have high temp may or may not win.  

Exactly ten of the top 50 in offensive tempo qualified for the NCAA tournament.  Meanwhile 41 of the top 50 in offensive efficiency made the dance. Best stat:  of the top 36 in efficiency exactly ONE was in the fifty fastest tempos.

There is ZERO correlation to fast tempo and winning.  

I'm not asking to be in the Top 50 in tempo. A Bennett lead team would need maybe an extra 10 possessions a game to be in 75ppg range. Why does that sound so crazy? Why couldn't Bennett adjust to that? If the greatest college football coach of all time can adjust to fit today's game, why can't Bennett?

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

So for those of us who seem to be struggling to keep up with the new post volume let me know if i am missing anything

1) ND Kenrick and Lander tweeted something late last night.  Kenrick suggested it would be a Homerun hire (but we do not know who) and Lander had a emoji tweet that suggested perhaps he was happy with the secret news

2) Peegs board then started circulating information/noise that perhaps Bennett was in play.

3) A potential Wednesday announcement was mentioned but again, not sure if there has been anything to support this

4) The amazingly tough BT continues to really struggle in this tournament. Maybe Archie was even worse than we thought (that was my own addition btw)

If there is anything more or anything solid on the above and you have time to catch us up I know i would appreciate it

I don't believe anyone has stated bennett is in play. Yet we still talked about him for 27 pages

I feel like last coaching hire we had Bennett chatter then we swung back to Donovan again then we had our wtf moment when Archie was announced. Honestly it's hard to take any rumors seriously at this point. For the record I would definitely take Bennett. I would be shocked if it happened.

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm not asking to be in the Top 50 in tempo. A Bennett lead team would need maybe an extra 10 possessions a game to be in 75ppg range. Why does that sound so crazy? Why couldn't Bennett adjust to that? If the greatest college football coach of all time can adjust to fit today's game, why can't Bennett?

Because 75 points isn't a goal.  More than your opponent is.

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

So for those of us, like me who seem to be struggling to keep up with the new post volume let me know if i am missing anything

I don't follow Peegs but I think there was some info from there shared by someone that was along the lines of "Dolson has done it right" and "Dolson got his man", if I'm not mistaken. Don't recall a specific Bennett reference.

Just now, Bankshot said:

I don't follow Peegs but I think there was some info from there shared by someone that was along the lines of "Dolson has done it right" and "Dolson got his man", if I'm not mistaken. Don't recall a specific Bennett reference.

Stevens was definitely his man.  So no.

I'm a big Tony Bennett fan, but ... 

1. I know the chances of him coming to IU are probably less than 5 percent. One reason is he said no several years back and I don't see him changing his mind. 

2. So that leaves no reason to continue discussing him. 

3. Because for everyone who brings him up, saying he'd be a fine hire -- LCS will hunt you down like a dog, just to tell you that you are wrong. 

4. So that's another reason to discontinue discussing him -- unless you really wanna just give LCS something to do.