Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Still nothing on the communications end from my source in athletic department. It was noted that it is very tight lipped and that most in athletic department would not know until it was announced. I’ll keep checking in occasionally in case anything changes.

I wonder if they were told that anyone who leaks will be fired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.) Nate Oats
2.) Chris Beard (w/$20M buyout specific to Texas schools)
3.) Musselman (w/$10M buyout for NBA job)

4.) Scott Drew
5.) Beilein (must hire associate coach in waiting that is NOT his son)
6.) Thad Matta (w/ doctors 110% assurance that his back problems aren’t an issue and maybe the same associate head coach requirement)
7.) Some combo of Fife and Lewis
8.) close up shop, we are a football school only.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

"IU guy" is quickly becoming one of my least favorite terms to see. I couldn't care less if our next coach played at IU, played at Purdue, or never played in college at all. I just want someone with proven success. I can't get excited about inferior candidates because they played at IU 15, 20, 30 years ago. 

Did you watch Loyola today?  That is what us older IU fans were use to watching when we were growing up!  Only it was IU doing that to teams.  I'm not saying we need an IU guy, we need someone who can teach kids how to play basketball!

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

The best Facebook comment I saw today suggested we hire Army’s head coach since that’s where we got our last great coach. 

Can’t think Of his name without googling but he’s been on the Solving Basketball podcast a couple times and I’ve been impressed

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

"IU guy" is quickly becoming one of my least favorite terms to see. I couldn't care less if our next coach played at IU, played at Purdue, or never played in college at all. I just want someone with proven success. I can't get excited about inferior candidates because they played at IU 15, 20, 30 years ago. 

This ...... Inferior candidates.....I don’t see Mike Lewis as inferior. It’s gonna take passion,heart,and a lot of other intangible things to get this program back.

6 minutes ago, HoosierBoiler said:

This ...... Inferior candidates.....I don’t see Mike Lewis as inferior. It’s gonna take passion,heart,and a lot of other intangible things to get this program back.

If he wants to be an assistant coach at IU then awesome, sign him up. But as head coach? Hard pass. 

I wonder if they were told that anyone who leaks will be fired

Apparently staff involved are putting together interview/recruiting materials for Dolson to use in his “meetings” but are not being told who it is for and are not allowed any access when the “meetings” occur. Very tight lipped it sounds like.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If he wants to be an assistant coach at IU then awesome, sign him up. But as head coach? Hard pass. If we want to be a blue blood program then we need to start acting like a blue blood. 

Blue blood programs usually hire a guy from their program to keep the culture going. We lost our culture a while back

Edited by HoosierBoiler

Erase Mike White off your list, he just lost to Oral Roberts and blew a trip to the S16
Cross him off your list for sure. Shouldn't have ever been on it but not because of one game in a tournament. This way of thinking is what gets us in trouble. It's all about body of work.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I really would be OK giving Michael Lewis a chance... maybe Indiana shouldn't be the spot to "give someone a chance" but if it came down to an Enfeld or Woodson hire, Lewis seems like a nice option.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

At this point I would rather give an IU guy who wants to be here a chance to come in a build a program.   Can’t be any worse than we have been. 

1 minute ago, HoosierBoiler said:

Blue blood programs usually hire a guy from there program to keep the culture going. We lost our culture a while back

We have to get back to basics!  Learn to crawl before we can run!  It sounds stupid, but it's true!  We don't need RMK or BS, but we need someone that can teach and get the most out of their players!  It doesn't have to be a sexy hire.  Just F***ing win!

Apparently staff involved are putting together interview/recruiting materials for Dolson to use in his “meetings” but are not being told who it is for and are not allowed any access when the “meetings” occur. Very tight lipped it sounds like.

That’s amazing.

Which means when the hire is announced its Going to be wayyy out of left field and someone nobody was Expecting