Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Let’s say Beilein is your 3rd or 4th option coach and ends up being your guy.   Day 1 on the job where are you ranking him in terms of coaches in the B1G?   Despite his age in my opinion he moves IU’s coach up to Third at worst and 2nd at the highest in the B1G  

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I always thought $9-10M would be the magic number to bring him home.  But I know nothing.  Maybe he's worn out of the NBA.

The money is wonderful and expected, but it will never be the primary motivator. This is a family that will remain rich beyond most people's comprehension no matter where they live.

Say Brad ultimately decides to say no, I am still very encouraged by the list that has been mentioned as possible head coaches.  SD will have a plan whether that is finding someone like Beilein that can win now and groom his replacement for the next 5 to 7 years due to his age or someone younger like Beard/Drew/Etc that can last much longer assuming no bumpy roads arise

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Let’s say Beilein is your 3rd or 4th option coach and ends up being your guy.   Day 1 on the job where are you ranking him in terms of coaches in the B1G?   Despite his age in my opinion he moves IU’s coach up to Third at worst and 2nd at the highest in the B1G  

Pure Xs and Os he's probably 2 or 3.  But it would take him 4 years to get there and that assuming he could still recruit like he did in the past.  He needs shooters and we have none.  He never wins right away.  

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

right behind Izzo/Howard/Painter.  Right there with Holtman at OSU

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

Pure Xs and Os he's probably 2 or 3.  But it would take him 4 years to get there and that assuming he could still recruit like he did in the past.  He needs shooters and we have none.  He never wins right away.  

He has also never been in a spot where he could go get whoever he wants to fit his style right away.   Transfer will not have to sit out a year.  In my opinion he could win right away 

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

IMO, Beilein is not behind Izzo/Howard/Painter. Howard's early success doesn't guarantee his longevity. Gotta wait for few more years until he establish his own culture. To me, Beilein is right behind Izzo. 

3 hours ago, Cinco de Mayo said:

You can't tell me that these IU players, this close to the situation, don't have some sort of information. This information could be just that Dolson has reached out to coaches, A, B, C and D and are waiting on levels of interest... 

If Dolson actually shared names with College kids he would lose all credibility with me. Some nodding and raised eyebrows? Sure, but no way he mentions any names. He couldn't find a way to spread word faster than telling the players. 

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I will give you Painter and Izzo but as good as Howard as been so far I wouldn’t put him in the same conversation with those other 2 or even Beilein.   Last 10 years Beilein has been to more title games then all of those coaches combined.   

8 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

I checked when you said something but I didn't see anything going to Bloomington. There was a Cessna that flew by Bloomington

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It was awfully low to the ground but then it disappeared quickly.. hmmm

29 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I think he has to have someone.  There will be plenty of smokescreen.  You don't pay a $10M buyout to bring in Fife, Matta, or Beilein.  You'd probably have riots if that happened. 

I’d want my ******* money back.