Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I still feel really good. I was actually told I might be a little low on the money amount. 

So are we talking more along the lines of $8M per? $9M?

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Nope, not this time you slutty tease! I was ALMOST convinced by the Donovan hype last time. 

I am cautiously pessimistic about Stevens. I doubt he comes to IU....

but I'm saying there's a chance (insert Dumb & dumber gif here >>  <<) 

I really did see a private jet though. I hope someone checked the flights.. ;(

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Sorry guys, didn’t know he was on here. I’ll change my password. My apologies

You sure it wasn't you but you have two personalities. Like me a few weeks ago on HSN saying I had one voice telling me that Brad Stevens would be our next coach.  Then another voice was telling him how stupid he was to think Brad would come to IU.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You sure it wasn't you but you have two personalities. Like me a few weeks ago on HSN saying I had one voice telling me that Brad Stevens would be our next coach.  Then another voice was telling him how stupid he was to think Brad would come to IU.

As long as Calhoun's health isn't the word, I think we'll land on both feet.

Someone posted something that I felt was very relevant on this board right after CAM was fired...

They said something to the effect that if I'm being asked to pony up the money for the buyout or the "transition money" as AD Dolson put it, I'm not saying "Who are you trying to get?" as I'm reaching for my wallet...

I'd have to have a name or a short list of names and the guarantee that one of them will take the offer...

4 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

He's an awesome coach, he would do very well.  His age is the only concern.

If I were Dolson, I would hire Beilein and give him good amount of money under one condition; hire an IU guy (Fife or Lewis, or Cheaney) as his top assistant, work with him closely, and teach him so he can be a successor when Beilein retires. I mean...if Stevens is not coming. 

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Someone posted something that I felt was very relevant on this board right after CAM was fired...

They said something to the effect that if I'm being asked to pony up the money for the buyout or the "transition money" as AD Dolson put it, I'm not saying "Who are you trying to get?" as I'm reaching for my wallet...

I'd have to have a name or a short list of names and the guarantee that one of them will take the offer...

100%

1 minute ago, mbredenk101 said:

Gotta believe he would want enough money in the university or donor budget for top assistants as well...

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. But I can't imagine IU would offer 7-8 million a year and cheap out on the assistants if that is what it took to sign him up.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think 8 would be tops. Can't believe I'm typing that

Oh my. Just a question, I hear the money is there this time around when it wasn't 4 years ago? Why is that?

Also with TA signing a major raise it seems to back that up. 

I really did see a private jet though. I hope someone checked the flights.. ;(
I checked when you said something but I didn't see anything going to Bloomington. There was a Cessna that flew by Bloomington

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk